(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎) peculiar dreams

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA STARED AT DUMBLEDORE, frozen on the spot as she realised what she'd been saying. She could hear Draco sniggering behind her and the anger was still bubbling up inside of her. Sometimes she really hated kids.

"Yes Professor?" Athena replied simply. Clasping her hands together to paint a picture of someone who was definitely calm. Snape was smirking too now and Athena could have cursed him then and there.

"I need to have a word with you" Dumbledore continued,

"I'm kind of in the middle of something" said Athena,

"I can see that" Dumbledore nodded, "this is important, I assure you"

Athena turned back to glare at Draco who immediately fell silent,

"You'll be serving a weeks worth of detention, I'll see what Filch can sort out for you" Athena faked a smile before she turned and strode out the office behind Dumbledore.

"I'd prefer not to find you threatening students" Dumbledore frowned as the two of them paced out of the dungeons,

"I wasn't threatening him" Athena said quickly, "he's been bullying people and he made some snide comments"

"You should know not to react as a teacher—"

"I'm not exactly a brilliant teacher" Athena cut across him, "I'm here for Harry not to deal with students jinxing my godson at every opportunity"

"Learn to keep your temper, it'll keep you out of trouble" Dumbledore sighed,

"Yes I'll do my best" Athena muttered, "is this what you wanted to see me about? I don't usually lash out at students if that's what you're—"

"No that's not all" Dumbledore spoke calmly,

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather speak to my sister, she'll be back in an hour... I could do without any—"

"This is not a conversation I need to have with Aurora"

"Is this about the mirror again?" Athena frowned, "I'm not stupid enough to go find it"

"If you stop guessing what I want to talk to you about we may be able to get this done faster"

Athena fell silent as she followed Dumbledore up the stone stairs into his office. She hated being here, it made her feel like a student again. She'd been in this office many times, for order meetings, to learn occlumency, to yell at Dumbledore and a few other reasons.

Right now, it must have been a couple of years. She tried to avoid the room at all costs if she could. It brought back memories of lies, war and lost hope. However as this was the office of her boss, she couldn't avoid it.

"Is this going to take a while?" Athena asked with a forced smile. Dumbledore took the seat behind his desk and left her standing with her arms folded sternly. Sometimes Athena couldn't simply slip out of the teacher role that she played the majority of the time.