(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) gilderoy lockhart

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE NEW SPECTACLE THE following morning was the red letter dropped in front of Ron Weasley. Athena knew exactly what this was, a howler. She'd been fortunate to never receive one before which she was grateful for.

It was what could be expected. After all, the car had belonged to Arthur Weasley and these developments definitely didn't look good for him. Ron looked practically terrified as he eyed the scarlet envelope in front of his eyes.

There was the sound of an explosion as he opened it. Athena was sure that dust actually shook down from the ceiling and everyone turned to stare towards where the noise was coming from.

"STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU JUST WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE"

"LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED"

"I'M ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHERS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME"

A ringing silence fell as the letter dropped to the table. Ron had sunk so low into his seat that only his crimson forehead could be seen. Athena felt rather bad for him however she supposed this was deserved. She felt terrible for Arthur, if he lost his job it would be devastating for the family.

Breakfast ended and Athena found herself walking towards her office with a free period to spare. Most of her lessons were at night meaning she'd spend the days to herself working or exploring the castle. Despite spending so much time in Hogwarts, she still felt as though there were parts of the castle she hadn't yet found.

As she opened her office door, she heard the sound of talking. It was unusual for her sister to talk to herself, Athena found herself doing it a lot when she needed to organise her thoughts but Aurora was much more prone to writing things down.

Athena stepped inside and saw Aurora sat behind her desk. Stood in front of her was the familiar face of Gilderoy Lockhart. His blonde hair looked even more neatly styled this morning and his robes were a dazzling turquoise.

"Ah this must be your younger sister" Gilderoy beamed as Athena walked into the room. Aurora looked very unimpressed at the conversation that she'd been having. In fact, her eyes swam with relief to see Athena there.

"Well I'd love to stay and chat" Aurora jumped up, "but I have a lesson now"

Aurora had never left a room so fast which left Athena feeling strangely uncomfortable as the door shut behind her.

"Gilderoy right?" Athena asked politely,

"Yes Gilderoy Lockhart" he nodded, "I'm not surprised that you've heard of me"