(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟔) back to the pitch

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"WHAT'S WRONG?" Aurora asked her sister accusingly.

They were sat high in the teachers stands looking out over the quidditch pitch. The scene was alive with cheers and colours of scarlet and emerald. This was Gryffindor's first game of the season and Harry's first game as quidditch captain. Everyone had been immensely proud when they'd found out Harry had made captain. Athena couldn't deny that she had seen it coming. He was the worthy candidate after all.

"Nothings wrong" Athena replied in a simple murmur.

"Don't lie" Aurora scoffed, "you're being quiet, too quiet, in fact you've been like this for weeks so go on what's happened?"

"I'm just not in the mood to be happy" Athena stated, "with Sirius gone and the war still going on, Harry in constant danger"

This wasn't exactly a lie. Of course all of these things had bothered her and caused her to act a bit more gloomy than she usually would however the reality was that these problems had taken a back seat after her discussion with Dumbledore about a month prior.

"Right" Aurora frowned, "right, of course. I'm just worried about you"

"I'll be fine" Athena forced a smile, "just enjoy the game, will you?"

Aurora nodded just as the players walked out onto the pitch to tumultuous roars and boos. One end of the stadium was solid red and gold; the other, a sea of green and silver. Many Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws had taken sides too. Of course Aurora and Athena were supporting Gryffindor based on the fact they loathed Snape and wanted Harry to win.

Harry stepped up to Madam Hooch, the referee, who was standing ready to release the balls from the crate.

"Captains shake hands," she said, and Harry had his hand crushed by the new Slytherin Captain, Urquhart. "Mount your brooms. On the whistle... three... two... one..."

The whistle sounded, Harry and the others kicked off hard from the frozen ground, and they were away.

Harry soared around the perimeter of the grounds, looking around for the Snitch and keeping one eye on Harper (the stand in Slytherin seeker) who was zigzagging far below him. Then a voice that was jarringly different to the usual commentator's started up.

Athena had been surprised to see Malfoy's absence on the team. He always played the seeker position ever since his second year. He'd never been as good as Harry but he'd always been talented. Athena wondered whether he was busy in the castle working on his plan. The thought made her uneasy mainly because barely anyone else knew. Quidditch probably didn't take priority anymore now that Draco had a darkened future ahead of him.

"Well, there they go, and I think we're all surprised to see the team that Potter's put together this year. Many thought, given Ronald Weasley's patchy performance as Keeper last year, that he might be off the team, but of course, a close personal friendship with the Captain does help..."