(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) nobody

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

FOR ONCE ATHENA WAS IN HIGH SPIRITS. With the positive end of the school year, she found that the little things didn't worry her as much anymore. She'd gotten some good nights sleep and now felt that anything could be resolved with the right mindset.

She waited until the ruby red steam train was completely out of the station, waving manically to the students sitting in the windows.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were sat with Fred, George and Ginny and yelled loud goodbyes out the window as the train set out into a slow pace.

Neville was sat with Dean and Seamus who waved just as enthusiastically. Athena knew it wouldn't be long until she saw Neville anyway, they usually spent a few days together in the summer.

Harry was a different story. As much as she wished that he could come stay with her, at this time it just wasn't possible. He had to spend the majority of his summer with the Dursley's.

Of course he didn't have to spend the entire summer there. The previous summer, he'd spent a week at the burrow and been completely fine.

Athena supposed that he'd much rather spend time with his friends rather than with her. Therefore she got the impression that she wouldn't be seeing him until the next year.

However, she didn't feel like she was missing out as much anymore. For the first ten years of his life, Athena had been downhearted knowing that he was out there growing up and she couldn't see him.

Now, there were only two months in the year when she couldn't see him. It didn't seem as bad anymore. Athena watched until the steam train became a blur of red in the distance before she walked down further into Hogsmeade.

She wondered whether she should stop for a coffee at the Hartland's cafe however if she did, she would simply be procrastinating.

Athena knew what she had to do, what problem she had to solve. This was the problem with Ben.

She'd pushed it to the back of her mind after recent circumstances. Her love life or her lack of one hadn't seemed a fair contender against the opening of the chamber of secrets.

Of course she'd worried about it. The memories of the argument that they'd shared had haunted many of her waking hours as she stared out over the night sky.

Athena hadn't returned home in the Easter holidays like she usually did. The panic and torment of the school had been in full swing and leaving hadn't felt appropriate.

She also hadn't wanted to return to Manchester. Athena knew that it wasn't going to be easy. There was going to be some kind of fight she just hoped that they would be able to work it out and get things back to normal.