(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎) wolf bite

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS FURIOUS AT herself to see the sun rising over the hill, light seeping into the living room window and sending the wooden furniture into a glowing golden dream. She stepped out of the fire, looking at the now dull blue sky kissed pink. It was morning and she'd spent so much time angered about Umbridge that she'd now missed the full moon.

Technically she hadn't missed it. The orb, now overshadowed by the larger and brighter sun, still hung in the sky. Athena loved seeing the moon in the day. Somehow it was a reminder that night would come even in the worst of days. However the full moon never gave her the same comfort as a friendly crescent, mainly because of the terrible connotations she'd been forced to link the moon with.

Athena sighed loudly to herself, throwing her jacket down onto one of the sofas perhaps harder than she should. The force between the denim and the leather made a louder sound than she had expected. However what surprised her more was the sound of something being dropped in the kitchen. Surely the force of her jacket hadn't caused that.

"Remus?" Athena called hopefully.

"Yes, it's me" Remus replied.

Athena breathed a sigh of relief before she walked into the kitchen, stowing her wand back onto a hook on her belt.

"I'm so sorry" Athena began, "there's stuff going on at Hogwarts, Umbridge is torturing students, I mean actually torturing them and—oh my god!"

For a moment, Athena had yet again entered the whirlwind of her own life rather than looking up at Remus who was now picking up whatever he'd dropped off the kitchen floor. As his head reappeared over the kitchen counter, Athena's heart started beating ten times the rate it had been before.

There was a large gash down the side of his face, starting at the side of his temple and ending just under his cheekbone. It was evident that he had to keep wiping the blood away to stop it from bleeding, that's why his face was so red. However whatever he'd tried to do wasn't enough because even now the cut was bleeding, sending a small trickle of ruby down his neck.

Athena wished she could say that was the worst of it but she'd be lying. There were bruises all over his torso and his arms, small cuts possible from trees but marks that were most definitely bites from some large animal. There was another gash right across his ribs, this one he had a towel held to, this was barely doing anything.

"It looks worse than it feels" Remus muttered, placing a muggle first aid kit on the counter. Athena hadn't even been aware she owned a muggle first aid kit.

"Remus what the— what happened?" Athena murmured, "did something attack you?"

"I met another wolf" Remus replied in a bored tone, "I don't remember much of it, I'll have to go to some different woods next time"