(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) hagrid's return

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"WE NEED TO GO" Aurora stated abruptly as she walked into the office, her cloak flying out behind her like a cape.

"Why?" Athena asked unhelpfully in a bored tone. She had a book open in front of her but hadn't turned a page for over twenty minutes. Her mind felt like mush as though her brain had been shoved through a blender.

"Emergency order meeting" Aurora replied, "Grimmauld place"

"Emergency?" Athena looked up, startled by this information. Any emergency that there had been in the order was never anything good.

"Hagrid's back" Aurora said simply, walking into the fire. "Twelve Grimmauld place" she added before she disappeared into the emerald flames with no more information about what had been going on.

Hagrid had been away since the beginning of summer. Athena had started getting worried about his whereabouts considering he'd been gone for so long. After all, the giants weren't renowned for being welcoming. It was extremely dangerous to go looking for them these days.

Of course from the offset it was clear that Hagrid was the right candidate to send. Being half giant certainly had its perks in these situations. He'd gone to the mountains in search with Madame Maxime, the headmistress from Beauxbatons. However, Olympe had come back two weeks earlier which posed the question of what Hagrid had been doing in this time.

Dumbledore insisted they wait to get information from Hagrid considering that Olympe had been in such a hurry to get back to her headmistress' position. Athena never usually enjoyed order meetings but this one could mean a great deal. It would certainly shine in their favour to have the giants as an ally. Otherwise they might as well surrender right away.

Voldemort had history with the giants. In the first war, he'd managed to get them on his side and destroyed many villages because of this. Some muggle towns. This had been bedlam for the ministry who spent the time wiping the memories of those who had seen the giants.

Now, since the ministry didn't even want to believe that a war was brewing, the order had to recruit the giants themselves. Maybe it was simply because Athena was a pessimist regarding the war but she didn't feel as though this journey to the mountains had succeeded in a positive outcome.

She followed her sister through the floo powder channels until she was staring at the slowly filling kitchen of twelve Grimmauld Place. Aurora had already taken her seat next to Dominique who had evidently come by apparition all the way from Romania. It was a risk apparating across borders however some of the most skilled witches and wizards still attempted it.

The flood of red hair came from Molly, Arthur, Charlie and Bill all sitting together at the end of the table. Sirius and Theodore were sat in what she supposed were their usual seats. Theodore still had a bowl of cereal in front of him but seemed unsure whether now was an appropriate time to eat it.