(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) solutions of lies

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS STARING AT THE WALL opposite her when the door opened. She looked up to see that it was his Snape. In his usual black robes, he swept into the room holding a plate of food which he placed in front of her.

"Thank you" Athena muttered, feeling suddenly hungrier than ever. Snape shut the door behind him and conjured himself a more comfortable chair than the one that Athena had sitting in front of her desk.

"I thought you knew" Snape frowned in curiosity,

"I didn't" Athena replied bitterly as she started to eat the food off the plate,

"Yes I can see that" Snape rolled his eyes.

"It's him then?"

"Of course it is, how many other Lupins do you know?"

"Sorry for having hope" Athena snapped quietly, "why's he here"

"To teach defence against the dark arts... obviously" sneered the potions master.

"Why him?" Athena grumbled, "if my year couldn't get any worse... he shows up"

"I assure you, I'm as thrilled as you"

"Oh shut up" Athena glared at Severus, "the reason you don't like him is completely childish and stupid and no where near the same level as why I dislike him so don't even try—"

"I didn't mean it like that" Snape interrupted, "I'm sympathetic Rena, I can't imagine that this will be easy for you"

"Of course it won't be" Athena groaned, "I don't want to see him... I can't see him"

"I'm not sure that's a possibility" Snape shrugged, "he's teaching here after all, he'll be everywhere you go"

"Don't say that" Athena rolled her eyes, "this is a large castle, maybe I can avoid him"

"When do things ever go your way?" Snape asked. He was of course completely right. Things seemed to always go wrong for Athena which meant that she was bound to bump into him at some point.

"Have you seen him?" Athena asked,

"Briefly" Snape nodded, "we had arrangements to make"

"Arrangements?" Athena frowned, "you and Remus? What kind of arrangements?"

"Regarding his condition" Snape continued, "Dumbledore has asked me to concoct some wolfsbane potion for him"

"Wolfsbane? Is that a cure?"

"Not a cure no" Snape shook his head, "a solution to make the transformation easier"

"What does it do?" Athena asked.

"It allows him to keep his mind when he transforms, that way he can simply sleep through it in his office without any complications"

"What if it doesn't work?" Athena continued, "isn't it dangerous to have him in the castle... those nights?"