(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔) their story

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA LEVITATED A BRANCH to hit a knot in the whomping willow as she hurried into the passage way. Remus jumped down quickly after her and bumped against her back. Athena ignored this as they started to hurry through the passage.

WE'RE UP HERE!" A voice screamed suddenly. "WE'RE UP HERE -- SIRIUS BLACK -- QUICK!"

It was Hermione, she'd heard them coming. Remus ran ahead, grabbing Athena's wrist and pulling her with him as she'd frozen in the fear of the moment.

Remus sent a spell hurtling at the door which burst open in a flurry of red sparks. The two of them darted inside as they cast their gaze over the room. Sirius was lying under the harsh gaze of Harry who had his wand pointed at the man.

He'd been knocked over and for some reason had Crookshanks sat on his chest. Sirius was smiling ever so slightly and Athena knew why. Seeing Harry was just like seeing James again.

Ron was in the corner with tears on his face. Athena gasped to see his leg was bent at a weird angle with blood surrounding it. He had his rat clutched in his hand. Peter was making a desperate attempt to escape and Athena stared at it in disgust.

"What the hell did you do!" Athena yelled, turning to Sirius who didn't say a word.

Hermione had her back against the wall. Theodore was staring at Sirius unsure whether to help or not. Ron and Hermione kept staring at him in fear however Athena knew that Theodore wasn't capable of hurting a fly.

"Expelliarmus!" Remus shouted. Harry's wand flew once more out of his hand; so did the two Hermione was holding (presumably hers and Ron's). Remus caught them all deftly, then moved into the room, staring at Black, who still had Crookshanks lying protectively across his chest.

"Rena?" Harry looked to her in confusion

Remus spoke, in a very tense voice.

"Where is he, Sirius?"

Sirius' face was quite expressionless. For a few seconds, he didn't move at all. Then, very slowly, he raised his empty hand and pointed straight at Ron. Mystified, Harry glanced around at Ron, who looked bewildered.

"Rena told me everything" Remus murmured to Sirius. He still had her wrist in his hand and in a fleeting moment, Athena pulled away from his grasp and replaced her wrist with her own hand. She wasn't sure why she had done it however as Remus' fingers wrapped around her own she didn't regret it, not even for a moment.

"Rena, Professor" Harry interrupted loudly, "what's going on --?"

Harry stopped in horror as he saw Remus lowering his wand, gazing fixed at Sirius. Remus reached out a hand and pulled Sirius to his feet. Crookshanks fell off as Sirius jumped forwards and hugged Remus like two long lost friends reunited. That's exactly what they were.