(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) the young reminder

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA CLAMBERED UP THE ladder leading into the divination classroom feeling out of breath and rather annoyed. She didn't like the fact that she had to go through all the effort of climbing up stairs and ladders just to see Sybil. Athena wondered why it couldn't be the other way around.

She tried to take some deep breaths to relinquish a stitch in her side however she simply breathed in the stifling smell of lavender and coughed loudly. Her presence had now been altered to Sybil who jumped up in surprise from where she had been sitting charging some crystals.

"Didn't see me coming?" Athena asked lightly. She always loved messing around like this. Sybil often couldn't take jokes about her seer ability unless they came from Athena. Nevertheless, she still huffed to herself with folded arms.

"How's you?" Athena asked warily as she took a seat at one of the brighter tables, "seen when this nightmare is going to end yet?"

"The future is uncertain" Sybil replied, "of course I looked, all I see is that more students are going to be petrified before this is over"

"Brilliant" Athena groaned, "that's just what we need, did you see which students"

"No I didn't" Sybil shrugged, "as I said, the future is uncertain"

"Very helpful" Athena replied with a small smirk so that Sybil knew that she was just messing around.

"I'm surprised you're here and not packing" Sybil pondered as she waltzed around her own classroom, the beads on her wrists and neck clicking.

"Packing?"

"It's the beginning of the Christmas holidays tomorrow" she replied simply, "and you never stay here over Christmas"

"Oh" Athena frowned. She'd almost forgotten that the holidays were approaching. The days had been going so slowly recently and her mind had been concentrated on the chamber of secrets and everything that it had unleashed.

"Oh?" Sybil asked, "did you forget?"

"No" Athena lied, "I just don't think I'm going to leave this year"

"Really?" Sybil raised her eyebrows in surprise, "that isn't like you, what's happened?"

"Why do you assume that somethings happened?"

"You're always so excited to see Ben" Sybil pointed out, "often packing days in advance... I've been able to tell for ages that things aren't the same anymore"

"Yes I recall we've already had this conversation" Athena sighed, "something about my aura"

"Precisely" Sybil nodded,

"Well it's nothing to do with that" Athena shrugged, "I just don't want to leave the school when it's in such a bad state... don't want to leave the students"