(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟖) sirius black

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE AIR WAS COLD around Athena as she hurried out onto the quidditch pitch. It was seven meaning students shouldn't be wandering around outside especially in the winter when the sun set so early.

She was holding a badly wrapped present in her hands, she'd resorted to using packing paper and twine ribbon as it was impossible to find any wrapping paper in Hogwarts.

Sirius was waiting by the edge of the pitch, his usual leather jacket drawn over his shoulders as he leant up two brooms by his side. One of these was his own with the tapered tail and beautiful woodwork, the other was one of the schools old 'Clean Sweeps'

"Evening" Athena smiled as she walked over, he looked up and smiled immediately upon seeing her.

"For a moment I thought you weren't coming" he admitted.

"Wrapping this just took a little longer than expected" she beamed as she handed the suitably wrapped present out in front of her,

"I told you not to get me anything" Sirius sighed with a small laugh as he took it, "thank you"

"Technically I didn't get you anything" Athena shrugged as he tore back the twine and the paper.

Beneath the layers of wrapping sat a book that had been read so many times that the pages were slightly crinkled.

"The Great Gatsby" he laughed as he turned the book over in his palms, "I guess I have to read it now"

"Course you do" Athena smirked, "you'll love it I'm sure... and if you don't well just don't tell me"

"Fair enough... so I'm going to read this muggle book... and you're going to try flying"

"Which isn't going to go well" Athena sighed as she stared at the brooms lying on the floor.

"Course it is because I'm teaching you" Sirius reasoned, "and I'm the best teacher there is"

"Sorry I can't even see you... for your massive ego" Athena joked.

"Shhh" Sirius laughed as he placed his hand over his own broom which flew up without him even needing to say a word.

"Come on" he prompted as the broom hovered in the air.

"You want me to get on that?" She shivered, wrapping the sleeves of her jumper tighter around her.

"I'm right here" Sirius promised as she stepped closer.

"Shockingly that doesn't console me very much" admitted Athena.