(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟏) fixation

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA GLANCED UP AT ELEANOR LUPIN as she ate her breakfast. The girl had become more of a spectacle to her since finding out that she wasn't just the niece of Remus but also had a strange gift of foresight which seemed to be telling her that Harry was in trouble.

The girl threw her head back in laughter causing her dark curls to shake. She wasn't really like Remus, she definitely didn't laugh like him. Remus would often hide his laughter into his hands, almost embarrassed to show any front except his sarcastic self.

Elle was laughing at the Weasley twins, sat next to a girl with short curly hair that Athena knew to be named Alicia Spinnet. Alicia had been her student for the first two years of Hogwarts. She had her arm linked with Elle's as the two girls laughed at whatever the twins were saying.

Athena wondered if Elle realised what she'd seen, if she understood that this meant something. She supposed Dumbledore probably told her that it didn't mean anything. This seemed like something that he would do, being a first class manipulator and all.

She didn't want Elle to notice her staring. Athena didn't want to be painted as a creepy teacher, she turned away and back to her toast which (although was laid out in very neat triangles) didn't seem very appetising to her anymore.

Athena took a small bite of the corner and looked up when she saw her sister sit in the chair beside her. Aurora began collecting herself some fruit onto the plate, the colours bursting against the white of the porcelain that made her food look a lot nicer.

"Morning" Athena muttered lightly. Aurora ,who had just taken a bite out of an apple, nodded in response, "busy timetable today?"

"Not really" Aurora shook her head, "three lessons in total and only one later on"

"More than I've got" Athena grumbled in a bored tone as she ate more of her toast.

"Consider yourself lucky" Aurora sighed loudly, "you have less work to mark"

"Oh shut up, you're obsessed with marking work!"

"Yes but you're not" Aurora frowned, "so you should be glad"

"Right whatever" Athena replied as her eyes scanned the room again. She didn't like the teachers table facing all the students, somehow she always felt that she was being watched. Currently, Athena found herself looking at Neville who was talking to Alina Peters. Athena smiled to herself as she took a larger bite of toast.

"Oh by the way" Aurora looked up from her fruit, "Harry's waiting in the office, he wants to talk to you"

Athena's eyes snapped back to meet her sisters in surprise,

"You're just mentioning this now?" Athena asked, "why didn't you say that first?"

"Slipped my mind" Aurora shrugged,