(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟔) his father's son

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

NEVILLE RECEIVED A PACKAGE ONE TUESDAY MORNING. Athena saw the excitement on his face as the large brown owl dropped the paper wrapped parcel beside his breakfast plate.

It was the second week of term now and things hadn't really gotten anymore exciting. Athena wasn't bothered by this, sometimes the best part of Hogwarts was the fact that it was predicable. At least for the time being.

She was sitting tucking into her eggs when she saw someone collapse dramatically into the chair next to her. Looking up she saw the blonde curly hair and smelt the strong aroma of lavender.

"You're out of the divination room?" Athena asked in surprise.

Sybil Trelawny slumped back in her seat looked annoyed and overwhelmed. Over the ten or so years that Athena had worked here, Sybil has become one of her closest friends.

At school, people had pinned Sybil out to be the weirdo and the fake seer however Athena knew that Trelawny wasn't a fake seer at all. In fact she actually a very important seer who had seen one of the biggest predictions to ever pass (not that she really knew that).

"So much drama" Sybil gasped dramatically, "you know those fifth years I predicted would get together?"

"Yes I recall you talking about them" Athena nodded, "what's happened?"

"They only went and got together"

"Well usually things you predict do come true" Athena laughed. Sybil lived for student drama and often she caused a lot of it with little comments of fate or magical stories coming straight from the crystal ball. Sybil's favourite thing to do was play matchmaker and it often worked out very well.

"They are so cute Rena you have no idea" Sybil gasped out as she placed a hand over her heart, "but not I'm not sure who to move on to... they've been going since last year"

"Maybe you should let students figure out their own love lives for once" Athena suggested and Sybil seemed quite offended at the thought,

"Rena, Hogwarts would crumble without me! Love would die down Rena... come to mention it—"

"If this is about McGonagall and Pomfrey again I don't want to hear it" Athena interrupted,

"But Rena, the way they look at each other! There is something going on and I'm going to find out exactly what!"

"Let me know how that goes for you" Athena nodded, pretending to listen as she looked back over at the Gryffindor table. It seemed Neville's parcel had been a remembrall.