(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) finding remus

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HURRIED OUT OF THE CASTLE still feeling the chill of the previous night. There were new bruises on her arm from Snape's grip. She was completely furious with him and a large part of her wished that she would never have to see him again.

Unfortunately this was not the case.

Of course, Athena had known that Snape was a terrible person. He'd never made good choices for the night reasons. Sure he had turned spy for Dumbledore but only because of his obsession with Lily Evans.

Athena wasn't sure why she'd ever wasted her time with him. She'd been lonely and desperate for company. This had been her solution as pathetic as that sounded to her now.

After the events of the previous night, Athena felt as though she would never feel calm again. The events were still flashing through her mind like a shockwave. Seeing Peter again, seeing Remus transform, the weird shape she had believed to be James, the worry that Harry wouldn't believe her.

Most of all she remembered Remus. Holding his hand and telling him that everything was going to be ok. It was a lie and they'd both known it however she wanted to provide him some solace before his eyes turned to black.

Snape had treated him like an animal which was just another reason why she was furious at him. There were still burns on her hands from where she'd tried to claw the ropes away from him. Madame Pomfrey evidently hadn't seen them or she would have healed them.

However, this was always going to be the attitude that people had towards werewolves. This had been the case in the 70s and it was still the case now 20 years later. Nothing would change that.

Athena had seen the looks of horror on the trios faces finding out the truth and it had hurt her so much to witness. Knowing that nothing she said was going to change their minds, knowing that people heard werewolf and only thought of one thing. Danger.

She wished that she could protect Remus from the world however Athena knew from experience that this wasn't possible. Her heart had softened to him since last night. She didn't want to avoid him anymore, Athena felt the familiar pull of her heart longing for him and it was getting harder and harder to ignore.

Athena reached the edge of the woods and looked to see that the sun was beginning to come out from behind the hills. He'd be transforming back now. Out of fear of what she'd meet in the forest, Athena transformed.

The world grew around her as her shape was lowered to the ground. Athena walked through the trees on four poised legs as she looked around. Her ears were pointed high, listening to any sound of noise, any rustle of the leaves around her.

For a while there was silence, however a second later she heard the sound of a large shape hurrying through the trees. Looking up from her lowered height, Athena saw him.