(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) am i going crazy?

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"I NEED TO TAKE SOME TIME OFF" Athena said simply as she walked into the office from her room. Aurora looked up in surprise. Athena had never taken unnecessary time off even when ill or upset or tired. Working through her hardships was something she was good at.

"What's going on?" Aurora asked with a frown.

"I just need to get away from everything ...I'm going home... I don't know how long for"

"You can't just disappear Rena" her sister muttered, stepping out in front of her so she had to stop, "I'll have to take your lessons so I need to know when you're going to be back"

"A week" Athena shrugged wildly, "I need a week, is that a fucking crime?"

"Rena?" Her sister murmured looking slightly hurt, "what's going on, what's happened?"

"Nothing" she shook her head feeling that she could tear up at any moment, "nothing it's just... everything is getting exhausting and I feel like I'm suffocating. I just need time to think. Time to figure things out"

"Figure what out?" Aurora asked, grabbing her arm as she tried to walk past. "Is this about Remus? Has he gotten in touch with you?"

"This is nothing to do with Remus" Athena replied honestly, "my head just feels like a bee hive and I'm sick of it. The students will be better off with you teaching them, I can barely pay attention to what I'm talking about for an hour never mind them. Look I feel like I'm failing them and I trust you can figure it out but I can't. I'm going home"

She pulled her arm out of her sisters grip with her bag in her hand. Aurora looked after her in astonishment, her mind whirring for something else to say but too confused to come up with a reason why Athena was acting this way.

"Rena!" She cried out as her sister disappeared in an abundance of emerald green flames.

Athena was more than grateful to see her own living room again. Now April was drawing close, it had been three months since she'd been in here. Three months since she'd seen Remus. The very idea was hard to wrap her head around. However that's not where her mind was positioned as she sunk into her leather sofa.

Instead she thought of Harry. He was a horcrux which had thrust everything into a new light. Neither can live while the other survives. Of course it all made sense now but Athena felt sick just considering it. Over the night of endless crying, Athena had not figured a way out of this. She needed something to hang on to, some form of hope which would tell her that Harry would be ok. That this war wasn't his ending.

Athena had a hard time coming to terms with it. Every time she thought about it she'd cry which is why she lay on her sofa in tears, sobbing so much she could barely control her breathing. She had hoped that she could get all her tears out the previous night so she could have focused on critical thinking but instead it seemed she had an endless supply of tears when it came to Harry.