(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) cinnamon dreams

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

Athena was reading again when Remus walked into their room looking shocked and a little scared. He'd been out visiting Elle and the twins who weren't yet in hiding despite the dangers floating around. They wanted to keep the shop up and running which meant that Remus kept checking in whenever he could.

"Is everything ok?" Athena asked, "how are Elle and the twins?"

"Yeah they're alright" Remus nodded, still looking confused, "better than alright actually"

"Better than alright?" Athena frowned, "what's that mean?"

"They're getting married" Remus met her eye, "Elle and George are getting married"

Athena couldn't quite believe the news. Although the timing wasn't perfect considering that they were in the middle of a war, Athena found it nice to think that peoples lives hadn't completely stopped because of it. It was also hard to imagine since Elle and George were so young. Athena was happy for them ,of course she was, the marriage was just rather unexpected.

Remus seemed more shocked than anything. He'd blinked and his niece was suddenly nearing twenty years of age. Athena still remembered when they'd seen her as a baby blinking up at them through large eyes. Athena had lived a long time and seen a lot of things but the past still didn't seem so long ago.

Elle had asked Remus to walk her down the aisle which seemed to have surprised him the most. He was more than thrilled to do it. Although he was her uncle, Elle was as much a daughter to him than the baby growing in Athena. Since her parents had passed away, he'd taken on the role of rather figure which made it only right that he should be the one to give her away.

They didn't leave much time between giving out the news of the wedding and actually getting married. Obviously, Elle and George were simply determined to get married before the war got in their way. Athena understood that. Each day was uncertain as the next and Athena certainly wasn't taking many chances.

On the morning of the wedding, Remus looked as pale as a ghost. It had obviously dawned on him that his niece was actually getting married. Today she'd become Mrs Weasley. It was certainly a big step in her life. One that had taken Remus a lot longer to move to. Of course Athena and Remus were a different story.

Athena was late. She rushed down the stairs feeling frustrated that she'd had to charm her dress to fit into it. Being pregnant was a bit of a nightmare when it came to clothes. Nothing fit comfortably anymore and she was limited in what she could wear.

"Remus is waiting outback" Kennedy told her. She was sitting at the kitchen table reading a newspaper with her elbows propped up on the wood.