(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) the yule ball

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE YULE BALL TOOK PLACE on Christmas Day and even from the very beginning of December, everyone was talking about it. Athena understood that this was more a celebration for the students, a time for them to relax and enjoy themselves and forget all the stress of the Triwizard Tournament however she was grateful that teachers were invited too. After all, it wasn't only the students who got stressed over the tournament.

She'd seen the decorations during the day. Students had been kept out of the hall the majority of the time that Hagrid and Professor Flitwick worked on the intricacies of the large trees and silver detailing. Athena thought that it looked like a winter wonderland and it almost felt like stepping into a new world when she entered the hall.

Athena was in the hall earlier than most students. The talk throughout the day had been all about dress robes and dates. She'd almost resorted back to being a teenager getting ready, she'd forgotten how exciting it had been to sit in front of a mirror anticipating an event that was going to happen.

She'd decided on some simple robes of pale cream with some white detailing in flowers over the majority of the dress. Athena wasn't trying to convince herself that she was still eighteen however as she looked at herself in the mirror she was amazed by how well she'd aged. The Sinistra genes seemed to do it well.

This idea stayed in her mind when she saw Aurora in her robes of plum purple. She'd been standing in the hall beside Dominique who was invited not just as Aurora's guest but also as a thanks for helping out with the dragons. She didn't look a lot different than usual as her hair was still all over the place however she had smartened up slightly in a blue suit that correlated well with one of her eyes (as they were different colours).

Students came in large groups at a time. Athena tried to catch sight of everyone, see the smiles on their faces and appreciate how beautiful the majority of them looked. Hermione especially looked stunning, so much so that heads turned when she walked down the staircase into the room in her periwinkle dress.

The champions and their partners were ushered to the front and allowed seats at the head table beside the teachers. Harry and Ron had succeeded in getting dates (even though they'd been very worried about it) and were accompanying the Patel twins.

Fleur Delacour (who looked stunning in a dress of pure satin) was joined by Ravenclaw quidditch captain Roger Davies. Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang were the next paring and finally (to many peoples surprise) was Krum and Hermione.

Once everyone else was settled in the Hall, Professor McGonagall told the champions and their partners to get in line in pairs and to follow her. They did so, and everyone in the Great Hall applauded as they entered and started walking up toward a large round table at the top of the Hall, where the judges were sitting.