(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) snape's supplies

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA DIDN'T THINK THAT THE situation of fear within the school could have gotten any worse, she was terribly wrong. Following the attack of Justin and Sir Nicholas, people were more fretted than ever.

It seemed that everyone was under the impression that the school wouldn't be able to stay open for very much longer. Athena was under the same ideas. As much as she hated to admit it, it seemed that Hogwarts was no longer safe.

Many parents had made the decision to take their children out of the school and Athena couldn't blame them. She was near terrified everyday that another student would be attacked. It felt as though everyone was walking around on eggshells waiting for something to happen.

Athena felt particularly bad for the first years. After all, this wasn't a brilliant introduction into the school nor was it a good representation of what the school was usually like.

Ginny Weasley seemed more scared than the rest of them. A lot of the time, Athena saw that she was with Percy as he tried to comfort her. Her skin pale and often shaking, Athena could imagine that this year so far hadn't lived up to her high expectations of the school.

She taught all the first year classes for astronomy and could therefore see the terror on many of their faces having to be out of their beds at night. Athena had taken to walking her classes back to their common rooms as she didn't want them to be alone.

Common rooms were seen as safe spaces for the students. Many wanted to stay there all the time or would run back to them once the school day was over. Of course these rooms were protected by passwords however Athena wasn't so sure how the portrait of the fat lady would fair up against a great big monster.

Making everything worse was Harry's involvement. After the attack on Justin, at least half of the school seemed to think that he was Slytherins heir. They'd avoid him like wildfire, running wildly in the other direction when they saw him.

Ron was finding this hilarious however Athena was sure that Harry didn't share the same view. It seemed that something went wrong for him every year. Athena told everyone she could that Harry had no involvement however children often fed on rumours until they grew beyond control.

Athena simply told Harry to ignore it. Once the catastrophe of the chamber was sorted out the real culprit would be caught and then no one could blame Harry. There wasn't much other option of what they could do. Harry just had to keep his head down and stay out of trouble. Of course this was never an easy task for him.

There still wasn't any clue what was causing these attacks and by the week before the Christmas holidays, it seemed that nearly everyone was making the decision to go home. Usually Hogwarts seemed a lot safer than the outside world however now it seemed as though people were escaping the dark stone walls.

☽☽☽

Athena unfortunately found herself down in the dungeons towards the end of the last week. She had been neglecting going down there recently as Snape was even more unbearable than usual.