(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟑) a familiar image

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA AND SIRIUS WERE playing another game of wizarding chess when Aurora stepped into the kitchen through the fireplace. Athena was glad of the distraction. Sirius' knight had just badly beaten up one of her pawns and she realised there was very little chance she was going to come back from this. Athena supposed this could be expected considering Sirius remained unbeaten in the last dozen games they'd played this week.

"Rory!" Athena beamed, standing up from her seat at the table and walking over to give her sister a hug, "good to see you"

"Yeah you too" Aurora smiled, "it was a pain getting here, I don't know if you know but as of last week Umbridge has cut all of the floo powder channels off in the school except for the one in her office.

"As of last week?" Athena frowned, looking to Sirius who seemed just as confused.

If this were true, Harry would have had to use Umbridge's fire in order to come talk to them. Athena hadn't mentioned this to Aurora (as her sister paid more attention to rules) but it did certainly pose the question of how Harry managed to get away with that.

"Yeah it's a pain" Aurora sighed, "I had to walk all the way down into Hogsmede to use the channels in the three broomsticks which kind of defeats the purpose of floo powder"

"Well it's still better than walking to London from Scotland" Sirius pointed out, "can I get you anything to drink Aurora?"

"I'll have a tea if you don't mind" Aurora smiled, taking of her cloak and sitting at the large table, "how are things here?"

"Same as they were last time you came" Athena shrugged, "there's nothing to do, I'm terrible at chess and even sleep is starting to become boring"

"Oh come on, it's not that bad" Sirius laughed from the other side of the room, "trust me, when you've been here as long as I have, you adapt"

"Yeah I'm grateful that I'm here and not in Azkaban" Athena nodded, "it's been good seeing more of Padfoot and Theo anyway"

"I'm sure" Aurora replied, "well you've missed a lot at Hogwarts I'll tell you that"

"What's going on?" Asked Sirius, passing the mug of tea down the table to Aurora.

"Umbridge is definitely planning on firing Hagrid. Some students have been getting Nifler's in through the window in her office and they're messing everything up. I have reason to believe it's Lee Jordan but she's convinced it must be Hagrid (seeing as he is the care of magical creatures teacher)".

"Doesn't sound good" Athena frowned, "you think it's Lee Jordan? That sounds like something the Weasley twins would be behind"

"That's the other thing you've missed" Aurora continued, "the twins left, Umbridge caught them putting a portable swap in one of the hallways, she threatened them with all kinds of punishment but they got away"