(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) the broken bathroom

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE FUNERAL HAD BEEN A QUIET CEREMONY. Most of the people who had known Heather and Samson were muggles. Athena found it enlightening, seeing a patchwork of people collected over their timeline. She'd never imagined that Heather and Samson could have had an interesting life mainly because magic made up most of what she knew.

However as she looked around the room of sad faces and teary eyes Athena realised that it didn't matter if they came from magic or not. At the end of the day the goal was to be remembered, to have people around who love and care for you. She believed Heather and Samson achieved that.

Aurora had given her sister a few more days off so she could accompany Remus to the funeral. Truthfully Athena believed that her sister was enjoying taking more lessons a little bit too much.

Remus was quiet. He didn't say anything about how he was feeling and seemed to concentrate on Elle getting through the funeral rather than himself. However he needn't have worried. Elle was incredibly strong. She gave a beautiful speech about her parents that caused most people in the room to cry.

It was the day after the funeral that Athena decided she had to go back to Hogwarts. She had wanted to stay with Remus longer because she thought he might have been relying on her presence in this time. However, Remus seemed to be moving independently. He barely said two words to Athena following the funeral. It wasn't as though he was angry with her it simply felt like he didn't need her.

Athena didn't want to pick up on his mood regarding the loss of his brother. She didn't want to feel bitter when in reality Remus was going through so much. Despite that, Athena missed the times when moods would be improved simply by being in each others arms. Athena remembered when Remus needed her.

Athena still relied on Remus even though she didn't want to. Even after those twelve years when she was without him. Remus was the harbour of her happiness and she couldn't deny that. Athena always knew it was a problem how much she leant on Remus in every bad situation but now more than ever she realised that those twelve years changed this for him.

He'd grown used to dealing with things by himself. Athena tried to convey how she was there for him but it seemed everything she was saying went in one ear and out of the other. She wanted him to know how much she cared, Athena supposed he already did know but that didn't stop her from worrying.

It wasn't his intention to be so bitter. Maybe he hadn't even realised he was doing it. Either way, Athena decided it was best to leave him to it. His life had been a bit of a mess recently he just needed some time to wrap his head around it.

Therefore by the third week, Athena was back in Hogwarts.

☽☽☽

Thing were exactly the same. Athena was glad to hear students tell her how they'd missed her. It allowed her to remember what this job was all about. It seemed Draco hadn't done anything to put peoples lives in danger and Harry seemed to be keeping under the radar.