(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) what they deserve

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"WHEN THE FIRST NEUTRAL ATOMS FORMED from a sea of primordial ions, space became transparent to radiation, releasing the energy viewed today as the microwave background radiation. The expanding Universe then underwent a Dark Age due to the lack of stellar energy sources"

"A hierarchical structure of matter began to form from minute variations in the mass density of space. Matter accumulated in the densest regions, forming clouds of gas and the earliest stars, the Population III stars. These massive stars triggered the reionization process and are believed to have created many of the heavy elements in the early Universe, which, through nuclear decay, create lighter elements, allowing the cycle of nucleosynthesis to continue longer... and I see that we're out of time"

Athena had been lost in her own world again. She was covering a seventh year class for Aurora who wanted to see Dominique on her birthday. Athena had covered classes for her sister before but enough times to count on one hand. Sometimes she forgot how complex the work load was however she evidently understood it.

Astronomy was her livelihood, it was the subject that she had excelled at in school and she seemed to remember her lessons as though it had been yesterday. The students started packing up immediately and Athena was glad that this wasn't a midnight lesson.

When it got to NEWT level astronomy, students needed more than one lesson a week which meant that they had lecture style lessons during the day. The sun was shining on the tower rather than the night sky and Athena was glad that they didn't have to be messing around with telescopes. Usually she lost half her lessons because of that one student who couldn't put up a telescope.

Athena often wondered whether she'd enjoy teaching NEWT level students more. They were people who were genuinely interested in the stars, something she always admired in a person. She smiled as they packed away their books and left the room chatting amongst themselves.

Athena turned and started to pack up her own things. Collecting papers and wondering whether anything she had said conveyed well with the students. She supposed if it hadn't, Aurora would always catch them up.

The thing was, Athena did get carried away in her own words. Thinking of the stars reminded her of her own school years. She'd never imagined that she'd end up here. Athena had always been so against it, now she realised that she'd just been stubborn.

As she placed her sisters lesson plans back into the correct folder, Athena turned and walked out of the astronomy tower. As she made it to the bottom of the tower, she heard a catastrophe of footsteps hurtling towards her.

Turning in surprise, she saw Neville stumbling forward which such speed that Athena initially thought that he was running from someone. However a second later, she saw that he'd been placed under a jelly leg jinx. He was racing forwards yet falling over every step.