(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟗) halloween

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA LOVED HALLOWEEN AT HOGWARTS. The school always went all out with the decorations. There were pumpkins big enough for at least four students to sit inside off and live bats flying around the bewitched sky. It was hauntingly beautiful and a season that Athena loved.

The Halloween feast kept her going throughout the week and she picked out some of her favourite robes which were a burnt orange colour. The celebrations were usually for the students rather than the teachers but Athena couldn't help but enjoy herself. Sometimes she was still a student at heart.

Athena sat next to Aurora for the feast as she didn't want Snape ruining her excitement over the celebration. Her sister was talking about how interesting the difference in handwriting was and how she believed it showed someone's character.

She decided to stop paying attention and instead start collecting food from the golden platters which had just been filled. Athena was just grabbing herself some roast potatoes when the great hall doors were flung open and a terrified looking Professor Quirrell ran in.

Everyone turned to stare at him as he ran through the middle of the tables. He didn't say anything until he made it to the teachers table when he then cried out.

"Troll— in the dungeons— thought you ought to know"

He then sank to the floor in a dead faint as everyone stared at him in shock.
Athena turned to her sister who looked just as confused as she did. Ten years of being at this school and nothing like this or anything remotely like this had happened.

Her only thought was 'how the hell did a troll get into the castle?'

There was an immediate uproar, students seemed completely terrified and probably for good measure. Athena had personally never met a troll but she'd only heard bad things about them. She wasn't sure what the plan with this was and she was sure that if she was ten or so years younger, she would have been scared too.

Dumbledore fired several purple firecrackers out of his wand at an attempt to calm everyone down. Athena covered her ears at this explosion however it seemed to have worked. Students were drawn into a silence.

"Prefects!" He rumbled, "lead your houses back to the dormitories immediately!"

Athena could see the taller students waving their hands over their heads to draw attention to themselves.

It seemed that Percy Weasley was in his element and he yelled 'follow me! Stick together first years! No need to fear the troll if you follow my orders! Stay close behind me now! Make way, first years coming through, Excuse me, I am a prefect!"