(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟖) closing the mind

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"SHE'S A NIGHTMARE" Aurora cursed as she strode angrily into the office. Her hair had started becoming more and more wild throughout the week. Now arriving on Thursday even tying it back couldn't disguise it.

"I've heard" Athena muttered "from everyone who's crossed paths with her"

"How have you managed to stay away?" Aurora asked wildly, "five conversations we've had, one sided of course. All as bad as the next. I can't stand her, I've never hated someone so much with such firing, burning, raging—"

"Rory calm down" Athena laughed, "here I'll make you some tea"

"No time."

"What do you mean no time?" Athena frowned, looking at her watch, "we don't have any lessons until midnight and the feast isn't for another—"

"Yes but you're supposed to be at Grimmauld place right about now" Aurora pointed out, "isn't today your first occlumency lesson with Theodore?"

"Oh my god" Athena gasped, accidentally scattering papers onto the floor as she jumped to her feet. They hovered in the air and landed on the floor around her feet as she pulled her cloak over her shoulders.

"You forgot didn't you?" Aurora raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah I did" Athena stressed, "oh I was supposed to be there five minutes ago"

"I'd hardly worry" Aurora shrugged, "it's not as though they have busy schedules"

"It's still polite to be on time" said Athena as she walked into the fireplace, grabbing a handful of floo powder as she went.

"Don't be too late, I need to complain about Umbridge until my voice shrivels up" Aurora sighed dramatically as she sat down at her desk.

"Can't you complain to Dominique?"

"I already have but she doesn't understand" Aurora continued, "she hasn't met the beast, you have"

"Right we'll I'll make sure to be as late as possible" she drawled sarcastically as she dropped the power around her, "12 Grimmauld Place"

☽☽☽

Sirius was sat at the large kitchen table with a mug of tea in his hands when Athena stepped out the fire brushing ash off her robes. He barely looked up, all his attention dragged into the newspaper as his eyes combed it greedily.