(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟖) draco's detour

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

REMUS WASN'T GONE YET but somehow it felt like he was. They'd spent the weekend as they'd planned and loved every moment together but there was always that shadowed feeling that it would be coming to an end soon. Athena wondered if it would always feel like that.

There was still Christmas to spend together but then they wouldn't be alone. Molly had invited Remus and Athena to spend Christmas at the burrow and they couldn't exactly say no. It would be nice to spend Christmas with them anyhow. Athena liked spending Christmas with Remus but that didn't mean she was against spending Christmas in a larger group.

However before she could move away from Hogwarts in order to celebrate the holidays, there was one last event that she had to attend. Slughorn's Christmas party.

It was just as prestigious as ever, people Athena didn't know nor did she want to know walked around looking important. There weren't that many students there in comparison. Athena had seen Harry accompanying Luna Lovegood and Hermione who seemed to be hiding from whoever her date was.

Athena had spent the majority of the evening with Aurora and Dominique who were hiding out in the corner of the room drinking margaritas. They were mainly trying to avoid everyone else including Slughorn who kept asking way too many questions about Dominique's life in Romania.

Eventually, Athena decided to leave them be and found herself standing with Sybil Trelawney. Athena was surprised that Trelawney had even ventured out of her tower for this event. Usually she stayed in there regardless of what was going on in the castle. Athena supposed the free sherry might have had something to do with it.

As soon as Athena spent ten minutes in the woman's company, she regretted it. Athena and Sybil often got on rather well however at the moment all she could do was complain about how divination was being taught at Hogwarts.

Since Dumbledore had returned to the school, Sybil had been given her job back however the headmaster decided it was unnecessary to fire Firenze. His family in the forest had already turned against him for sharing his secrets to wizards and he was doing surprisingly well at the position anyway. Therefore they were both teaching the subject together which didn't seem to be enjoyable for either of them.

Sybil was going on and on about how she disliked the teachings of Firenze when she paused, noticing someone beside her.

"Harry Potter!" said Professor Trelawney in deep, vibrant tones.

Athena turned to see that Harry was standing looking around the party and seeming rather lost. Luna had vanished now but Athena supposed she can't have gone far.

"Oh, hello," said Harry unenthusiastically.

"Enjoying the party?" Athena asked casually.

"Yeah it's alright" Harry smiled, he looked happier to see Athena there than he had been to see Sybil. It only took a few seconds before it became clear why.