(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) realisation of mistakes

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HATED LUCIUS MALFOY. This much was known. There was a long history between them which would only be solved by her slamming her fist directly into his face. Unfortunately she couldn't do that so for now she had to cope with the frustration.

There was a long list of things that he had done. Top of the list would be his attempted murder of her and therefore the murder of her brother Archer, close second would be his torture over Mr and Mrs Peters which he'd then blamed on Theodore Sanders.

He was one of Voldemort's most trusted supporters and would in no doubt join his side again when he inevitably came back. His loyalty had been proven by his indirect opening of the chamber of secrets the previous year.

Of course, Athena doubted this was his initial intention. She doubted that Voldemort would have taken lightly to Lucius dropping a piece of his soul into a young girls cauldron. Athena presumed he hadn't even known what it really was.

That January morning, Athena received a new hate to add to her long lists of reasons why she wanted to kill Lucius Malfoy.

It came in the form of Hagrid's pet hippogriff, Buckbeak. Draco had idiotically thrown himself in front of the bird and got himself injured. Now Buckbeak was most likely going to put down for reacting as most creatures would and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

Hermione had been talking to Athena about it a lot. There was going to be a follow up trial and she was doing all she could to make sure that Buckbeak got off. Athena admired the young girl for putting so much effort in.

She couldn't help but feel annoyed at Ron and Harry for the way they had been treating her recently. Since Hermione got Harry's broom taken off him (temporarily) as she'd been worried about his safety, the two boys had grown distant from her.

Hermione already had a lot going on. She was taking twice the many added lessons than advised and had to use a time turner everyday, practically living her days twice. Athena couldn't imagine how exhausting that must be for her.

Athena had sat with Hermione in the library for a while as they went through court cases that might help Hagrid for evidence. She didn't want to tell Hermione that it was very unlikely that anything they did would be of any use.

Lucius Malfoy had power, too much power. He had high control in the ministry and could manipulate people in the ministry to do what he wanted. This could be evidenced through how he'd successfully removed Dumbledore from the school the previous year.

If Lucius wanted that bird dead, chances were that Buckbeak didn't stand a chance.

☽☽☽

Athena went to see Sirius and Theodore every morning. Sirius was growing bored, Athena could tell. He wanted her to look out for that rat, he wanted to make progress. Unfortunately, Athena couldn't go into Gryffindor tower and if she did it would definitely seem out of the picture.