(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎) quirrell

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"RENA WAKE UP, WAKE UP" the repetitive voice was like a nag in her mind. At first it was faint and the sleeping girl believed that she may have dreamt it. However soon it had burrowed into her mind and as the girl opened her eyes she realised that she hadn't been dreaming at all.

Standing over her was Aurora looking urgent and distressed. Sun poured in through the window and Athena pondered how long she had slept. She recalled the previous night that her wandering mind had prevented any comfort. The words Harry had spoken to her cursed her brain.

"Time is it?" Athena asked as she sat up and rubbed her eyes hazily. Her thin curtains made no attempt to hide the sun which was incredibly bright.

"Afternoon, somethings happened" Aurora hurried, "Harry's in the hospital wing"

"What?" Athena exclaimed as she jumped out of bed forgetting she'd ever been tired at all, "what's happened?"

"The stone nearly got stolen... Harry stopped it"

Athena froze on the spot as her heart took a drop. The colour left her face and she felt as though a bucket of ice had been poured over her. Harry had been right, Harry had been right and she hadn't listened.

She placed her head in her hands and let out a muffled scream of frustration. Athena had been so sure that he was clutching at straws, that if the stone wasn't safe that Dumbledore would have picked up on it. After everything that he'd told her, Athena hadn't listened.

Even after Dumbledore had told her about Eleanor Lupin's dream, depicting Harry and the stone. She was sure that something would happen, she thought that Harry's curiosity would have gone a step too far but never would she have imagined this, that Harry's works of fictions weren't so unbelievable after all.

"I was so sure Harry was wrong" Athena sighed angrily as she pulled a jumper over her head and shoved boots onto her feet, ignoring the flannel pants she still wore, "he kept going on and on about Snape"

"It wasn't Snape" Aurora continued, "it was Quirrell"

Athena yet again lost the ability to speak or think as she stared in shock and exasperation. So many times this year she'd ignored people, Harry and Snape had laid out the clear truth to her and Athena neglected it.

She was sure this had been one of Snape's plots to get the defence against the dark arts position when all along he was actually onto something. Now so many things made sense to Athena, every word that she'd heard about the stone, every clue that she'd walked over.

"He's working for you know who, well he was... he's dead now... you know who was on the back of his head"

"What?" Athena gasped, "on the back of his... he's been here this entire time... there all along... and Harry was right next to him... he's out there... trying to come back"