(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟖) three turns should do it

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THEY WALKED OUT into the nighttime air. The sun was nearly gone now leaving the faint shadow of indigo over the sky. Once they were out, Athena released Theodore's hand, knowing that he wasn't going to be running away anywhere. Athena walked over to Remus who was still tied to Peter in order to prevent his escape.

"One wrong move, Peter," said Remus threateningly ahead. His wand was still pointed sideways at Peter's chest.

Athena noticed that Harry was walking with Sirius. She couldn't be happier about this if she tried. Seeing the both of them together reminded her of the many times she'd seen James and Sirius.

"Spitting imagine, isn't it?" Remus murmured to Athena who nodded in agreement. Silently they tramped through the grounds, the castle lights growing slowly larger. Snape was still drifting weirdly ahead of Sirius, his chin bumping on his chest.

It was then Athena let out a loud and startling gasp.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"We've all been so stupid" Athena yelled, "how could we be so stupid... look!"

She pointed to the image that had just presented itself. As a cloud moved to the side they were bathed in pearly moonlight. 

Snape collided with Remus, Peter, and Ron, who had stopped abruptly. Sirius froze. He flung out one arm to make Harry and Hermione stop.

"Remus" Athena grabbed hold of his arm. He was staring at her in terror, "it'll be ok... it'll be ok"

However she knew that it would not be ok. Remus began to shake, gritting his teeth to avoid himself screaming from the pain he was very obviously feeling.

"Sirius!" Athena screamed. He was beside her, holding her arm and pulling her away, "we have to do something!"

"Oh, my --" Hermione gasped in realisation. "He didn't take his potion tonight! He's not safe!"

"Run," Sirius whispered. "Run. Now."

"Remus!" Athena yelled again, her voice breaking, "Sirius help me!"

"We need to get Ron and Peter out"

Harry had noticed the same issue and darted forwards however Sirius caught him and threw him back.

"Leave it to me -- RUN!"

There was a terrible snarling noise. Remus' head was lengthening. So was his body. His shoulders were hunching. Hair was sprouting visibly on his face and hands, which were curling into clawed paws. Athena had never seen him transform before, she stood motionless in horror as he suppressed his screams.

As the werewolf reared, snapping its long jaws, Sirius disappeared from Harry's side. He had transformed. The enormous, bearlike dog bounded forward. As the werewolf wrenched itself free of the manacle binding it, the dog seized it about the neck and pulled it backward, away from Ron and Pettigrew. They were locked, jaw to jaw, claws ripping at each other.