(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) the new professor

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HOGWARTS SEEMED EMPTY WHEN ATHENA arrived as none of the students were there yet. She placed her bags down into the office which looked the same as ever and found herself roaming the school.

Over the last week of the holidays, Athena had been thinking of thinking of nothing except Sirius. She'd been following the news closely however not for the same reason as everyone else.

Instead of the fear that people felt that a mass murderer was running around, Athena felt hope that no one would catch him.

She kept any newspaper that mentioned his name. Looking over the possible sightings and trying to figure out where he might be. Athena had said that she wouldn't go looking for him and she had meant it however she did hope that she might see him. Even if only from a distance.

Athena paced the school for something to do. Her eyes hurt from reading so much and she felt as though a walk around the castle was exactly what she needed.

However as Athena left her office, she spotted McGonagall striding hurriedly in the other direction.

"Everything alright Minerva?" Athena asked,

"Yes, yes the students are here" McGonagall beckoned her to follow, "the dementors got onto the train I knew they'd cause problems"

"Problems?" Athena frowned, "what's happened"

"I got word that Harry reacted badly to their presence from... well that's not a problem now"

Athena frowned at McGonagall's shifty conversation change. Who had told her what happened to Harry?

"Is he ok?"

"Yes I presume so, strong boy but I need to have a word with him anyhow and with Miss Granger"

"Hermione?" Athena asked,

"Yes you see, Miss Granger wishes to take more than three added subjects this year"

"Of course she does" Athena laughed lightly,

"Some of the lessons take place at the same time but after a few enquiries I've come up with a solution"

"Which is?"

"A time turner" McGonagall replied proudly,

"Really?" Athena gasped. She'd heard of these inventions and they always amazed her. Time travelling was something that confused her more than she'd admit however it was an incredible concept.

"Yes so I need to talk her through it" McGonagall nodded as they paced down the stairs into the entrance hall. Athena spotted the fiery hair of Ron first amongst the crowds of students. Hermione and Harry were of course nearby.

"Potter! Granger! I want to see you both!"

Harry and Hermione turned around, surprised. McGonagall called over the heads of the crowd.