(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) heart's greatest desire

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"DO YOU HAVE TO GO?"

"You ask me that every time" Athena smiled sadly, "I'm sorry but this is my job, you knew what you were getting into"

"I know... it's just hard... how the times flies, you know?"

Athena nodded as she rested her head against Ben's shoulder, her hand entwined with his. He was breathing softly, she could hear it as she moved away and stared up at him.

"Easter will come soon" Athena pointed out, "it's in April... that's four months"

"I know" Ben nodded, "unless you can get away on your birthday"

"If I can you know that I will" Athena nodded, reaching up and kissing him gently, "but now I have to go... term actually started this morning so I've missed a day"

"You didn't have any lessons though" Ben pointed out as he moved some hair away from her face, "so it's fine"

"I'd rather spend the time with you" Athena nodded, "and I will do again, I'll call you on Friday, ok?"

"Ok" Ben replied, "I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you too" Athena smiled as she kissed him again, "I love you Ben"

"I love you Rena"

She turned and waved one last time before she closed the door behind her, greeted by the cold January air. She made her away around the corner and into a backstreet before she apperated. With a small pop she found herself standing in Hogsmede.

The town wasn't too busy, people were walking around and not paying attention to her as she strode up the street with her bags in hand. Her heart hurt as she had seen the saddened expression in Ben's eyes. A lot of the time she wished it didn't have to be like this.

She wished that he knew about her world, then she could visit him more often without him questioning how she travelled many miles in the blink of an eye or how she simply stepped out of his fireplace.

Athena noticed that it had snowed a lot in Scotland while she had been away. The layer of white glistened over the grounds, the trees and the roof of the large and impressive building. It made the place look even more beautiful.

She made her way up the stone staircase, smiling and waving to some students as she approached her office. Athena liked being well liked by those she taught, it made her feel as though she was doing a good job and that's all that mattered really.

Aurora wasn't in the office, she was probably up in her room, with Dominique or in the astronomy tower. Those were the places that she would usually be found if not in the office.

She breathed a large sigh of relief to place her bags down and fall into her seat. Christmas had gone quickly but at the same time it had seemed like a while had passed since she had been sitting in this seat. Hogwarts was like her comfort place, somewhere she felt she would always feel safe.