(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟐) this is love

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"HE'S AFTER ME" Athena sighed, "I mean, I knew it was coming. He thinks I've seen the end of the war and he needs that to... to know how to win, how to end this. Of course I haven't seen anything yet but when he gets his hands on me... well he won't because I'm not going back to Hogwarts, I can't, you see that right?"

"Rena I am more than happy you're not going back" Remus laughed lightly, "do you think I would want you to go back even if Voldemort wasn't after you? We both know it's a matter of time before the school is run by Snape and even if Dumbledore instructed him to look out over it... well I doubt it'll be cheery"

"I'd rather stay with you" Athena agreed. They were sat in the living room now. She had her head rested on his shoulder as they watched the sunset out the window. Summer had started but the world felt anything but warm.

"I wanted to talk to you" Remus sat up straighter, "about what happened in the hospital wing, I feel we haven't a chance to talk about it... really talk about it"

"I don't think there's anything left to say" Athena shrugged, "I love you... I forgive you and what happened doesn't bother me. That's all that matters"

"I still feel we need to address it" Remus sighed, "I feel... I want to know how you felt when I left"

"Why? So you can beat yourself up about it?" Asked Athena lightly, "I felt bad but all you're going to do is blame yourself. I don't want that"

"Just talk about it... please?"

Athena let out a large sigh but shrugged as she too sat up straighter.

"Reading that letter was the worst moment in my life. I was already broken but I thought I still had you. The worst part was the tone. You acted as though I would understand, as though I would agree? That was stupid because of course I didn't. I couldn't find you to tell you how wrong you'd gotten everything"

"Of course I thought I'd moved on. You weren't here and nothing was going to change that. For a while everything seemed awful. I couldn't remember what it was like to be happy. Aurora tried to help but she could only do so much. She'd never had her heart broken before"

"I never stopped loving you. I couldn't Remus because at that point I'd loved you since the day I was born. I'd never not known you and now I was forced to live without you. It felt like breaking out of an addiction when sobriety felt so, so terrible. I don't think you realised how much I depended on you... especially at the end of the first war. Lily and James dead, Marlene and Dorcas gone, Sirius arrested, Kennedy missing. I think it was a terrible thing for you to do. I don't understand how you could have left me knowing that's all I'd been through. It drove me mad Remus but I still loved you"