(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎) the burning of the burrow

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

CHRISTMAS DAY AT THE BURROW was more interesting than Athena had expected to be. She was still in a foul mood by the time she woke up and was glad to see that Remus had already gone to join everyone else.

Truthfully, she didn't know what to think. She'd believed that Remus had lied to her because he didn't want to upset her but now it seemed that his lies were doing nothing other than hurting her.

She also didn't know how to approach the situation with Draco and Snape. Remus knew that Athena was hiding something. It was only a matter of time before he asked her again and if she couldn't come up with an excuse or a lie, she would become a hypocrite complaining about him.

Of course this wasn't the worst part of it. She hated keeping things from Remus even when she was angry at him. Athena couldn't explain that it was information she wasn't allowed to pass on. Remus was an understanding person but even he wouldn't fall for that. He was curious now and Athena doubted he would let it go.

They didn't talk all that day. The Weasley's got a shock however when Percy showed up for Christmas dinner with the minister in tow. Athena was surprised to see him as was everyone else. It was clear from him walking in that Percy didn't actually want to be there. He seemed like a stranger in the place he used to call home while his siblings glared at him.

Soon the meaning behind this was revealed as Scrimgeour asked Harry if he fancied a walk outside. No one believed this to be a coincidence. Although the minister looked at Harry as though he didn't know him, it would be ridiculous to think that the man wouldn't recognise Harry Potter who was the person most talked about in the ministry.

According to Harry he simply wanted him to vocally support the ministry. It seemed like an odd move but one that would work nonetheless. Many people had turned against the ministry after the scandals that had occurred in their premises. It was hard to believe them when they'd become known for lying. It seemed that Scrimgeour was just trying to pick up the pieces Fudge had left behind.

By the end of Harry's walk with the minister, Percy had put his foot in it declaring that he was still disappointed in his family and didn't actually want to be there. Molly looked as though she had been slapped in the face and Fred, George and Ginny had retaliated by throwing mashed potatoes at him.

All in all, it wasn't a very successful Christmas but Athena was glad that something had taken her mind off the internal conflicts of what she should do with the Remus situation. Her and Remus had been pretending everything was fine all day. She wasn't sure whether this was working or not considering she barely said a word to him. Athena made it clear that she wasn't in the mood for discussions. Remus was always a lover of talking things out but right now Athena didn't feel like saying anything at all.