(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟐) boy who cried wolf

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HATED THE COLD OF THE DUNGEONS. She wasn't sure how people coped with it so often. People being Snape. He rarely left the dungeons except for meals yet as Athena descended the stone steps, she was sure that the temperature must have dropped at least five degrees.

She knocked on the door of Snape's office, hating the fact that she was back here again. It seemed Athena's plans of avoiding Snape for the rest of time had been completely ruined.

There was initially no answer, Athena knocked louder and began to grow impatient. However a second later, the door opened and Snape was standing there looking tired and paler than usual.

"You ok?" Athena asked in a slightly bored voice,

"Yes" Snape replied cooly, "what do you want?"

"Need to talk to you" she replied, pushing past him and into the office. Snape's office may be the worst in the entire school. It always looked the same, boring, dry and very impersonal.

"I'm busy" Snape huffed before he shut the door behind him and took a seat behind his desk. Athena could see that his eyes were fixated on a letter that he was holding. Athena had no interest in who might be sending him letters, she sat down in the other chair in the room which was metal and very uncomfortable.

"You're refereeing the game on Saturday?" Athena asked,

"I am yes" Snape replied curtly,

"You've never shown that much interest in quidditch before"

"I'm not playing the sport, am I?" He smirked sarcastically, "I believe the refereeing wasn't fair last time"

"How come?" Athena asked, "because Slytherin didn't win?"

"Not just that" Snape sighed, evidently he was bored with her presence.

"Harry thinks you're trying to rig the game"

"Of course he does because the entire world revolves around Harry Potter" Snape scoffed, "Slytherin aren't playing, no bias"

"No but you favour every house over Gryffindor" Athena pointed out, "but I think even you wouldn't stoop low enough to get entertainment out of rigging a quidditch game"

"Oh I'm not sure, seeing Gryffindor lose really makes my day" Snape retorted,

"Why do you want to referee the match? You've never done anything like this before"

"If you must know, I'm making sure that no one makes another attempt to kill Potter" Snape sneered,

"Good one" Athena frowned, "since when did you care about Harry?"

"I may not like him but I don't wish to see him dead, Lily wouldn't—"

"Oh not this again" Athena cut him off, "Lily would never appreciate you Snape, you've belittled her son on many occasions. Doing one decent thing doesn't balance this out"