(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) fall in the fog

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA'S WATER REPELLING charm wasn't even strong enough to protect her from the ongoing showers that were hitting her. She sat on the soaked stands alone staring up at the stormy sky and wondering whether there was any chance that this match could be cancelled.

The players could barely been seen walking onto the pitch. If it hadn't been for their bright robes, the thin layer of fog would have covered them completely.

She was unsure how Lee Jordan would be able to do a successful commentary if he could barely see what was going on in the match. Athena noticed the lack of people in the stands in comparison to usual. It seemed they'd had the right idea.

"Mount your brooms!" Madame Hooch called and Athena turned her attention back onto the match.

Harry pulled his right foot out of the mud with a squelch and swung it over his Nimbus Two Thousand.

Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant – they were off.

Harry rose fast, but his Nimbus was swerving slightly with the wind. He held it as steady as he could and turned, squinting into the rain. Within five minutes the players was soaked to their skin and frozen, hardly able to see each other, let alone the tiny Snitch.

Harry flew backwards and forwards across the pitch, past blurred red and yellow shapes, with no idea of what was happening in the rest of the game.

Athena could barely hear the commentary over the wind. The crowd was hidden beneath a sea of cloaks and battered umbrellas. Twice Harry came very close to being unseated by a Bludger; his vision was so clouded by the rain on his glasses he hadn't seen them coming.

Athena lost track of time. It was getting harder and harder to see the match at all The sky was getting darker, as though night had decided to come early.

Twice Harry nearly hit another player, without knowing whether it was a team-mate or opponent; everyone was now so wet, and the rain so thick, he could hardly tell them apart.

With the first flash of lightning came the sound of Madam Hooch's whistle; both teams splashed down into the mud.

They huddled at the edge of the pitch under a large umbrella.

Athena couldn't bare to sit still in this downpour. She got to her feet and paced out of the stands and across the mud towards the Gryffindor team

"What's the score?" Harry was asking

"We're fifty points up," said Wood, "but unless we get the Snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night."

"I've got no chance with these on," Harry said exasperatedly, waving his glasses.

"Harry I can help you out with that" Athena suggested, "Give me your glasses, quick before anyone thinks I'm playing favourites"

He handed them to her and, as the team watched in amazement, Athena tapped them with her wand and said,
'Impervius!'