(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) wolf cub

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"THERE YOU ARE" Remus sighed as he walked into the living room, "Rena can you please not run off like that again. We're in hiding for a reason you know? Anything could have happened to you"

"Yeah well I'm fine" Athena replied, "I'm sorry I left like that I just didn't know what to say to you"

"You didn't know what to say to me?" Remus frowned, "about Rory? I know you'd probably rather talk to her about most things and I understand why you're upset about her going back to Hogwarts. With Snape taking over I'm worried too but you can still confide in me—"

"Remus This isn't about Rory going back to Hogwarts" Athena shook her head, "I have to talk to you about something else, will you sit down?"

"Why do you want me to sit down?" Remus asked nervously, "is everything ok? Are we still safe? Has something happened? Is something going to happen?"

"Will you stop stressing out" Athena shook her head, "you're stressing is making me more stressed"

"So you are stressed" Remus concluded, "oh no is it something bad? Rena just tell me now if it's something bad? Did you see the end of the war"

"No it's nothing about the war" Athena replied slightly angrily, "will you just sit down so I can tell you—"

"Why do you want me to sit down?" Remus asked accusingly.

"Remus for goodness sake" Athena rolled her eyes as she grabbed his hand and pulled him down towards the sofa so they were sitting next to each other. He was staring at her anxiously, waiting in baited breath for her to say something. Athena paused because for a moment she didn't know what to say.

"Remus" she began slowly, "before I say anything I need you to not freak out"

"Freak out?" Remus asked, "why would I freak out?"

"I'm just being cautious"

"Will you please tell me what's going on?" He asked desperately.

"I will do if you shut up" Athena sighed, "Remus... I'm pregnant"

Silence fell between them. It was too quiet, Athena couldn't even hear anything from outside. Remus' eyes had widened but Athena couldn't look at him. She was rooted in fear of what he might say still mingled with her own nerves about the whole thing.

"No" he said finally, "no... you're wrong. There must be some kind of mistake"

"There's not" Athena shook her head, "I took the test, I did the spell and it was positive... I'm two months pregnant"

"Two months" Remus whispered, "how could... how could you let this happen?"

Athena felt some of the warmth drift away from her. She hated the way he had worded that as though she'd caused something terrible, it's not as though she'd asked for it. Of course she wasn't disappointed but she hadn't done something to make this occur.