(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎) news of dragons

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

RITA SKEETER MADE FAST WORK publishing an article about the champions in the daily prophet. Athena had expected nothing less. She worked fast, too fast and there was nothing that came easier to her than spiralling lies like a spiders web.

It was mostly focused on Harry. This was no surprise, the prophet were obsessed with him and stories about the 'chosen one' seemed to sell a lot better than any other.

Athena found herself reading it one morning before her lessons. She tried to contain her anger as her eyes scratched over the words. The woman would have been able to guess that Rita would lie and exaggerate before she'd even unfolded her copy of the paper but that didn't stop her from feeling annoyed about it.

She had created the image of Harry being some traumatised hero, still young and frail. Rita had wrote lines that Athena couldn't even imagining Harry ever saying.

I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now....Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it....I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament, because they're watching over me...

Athena had audibly scoffed when reading this. She knew that Harry didn't still cry about his parents. Evidently their absence in his life was upsetting but he was a fourteen year old who had coped with this his entire life.

She wished that nothing would hurt him in the tournament because they were watching over him but this definitely wasn't going to be the case.

If anything she had turned Harry into a laughing stock among students presenting him as perhaps the opposite of how the boy really was.

If it wasn't bad enough that Rita had twisted his words and presented him as a sensitive child, she'd also completely invented stories about him which a new low even for Rita.

Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.

She stopped reading after this. Having known Harry and Hermione for four years, she knew that there was definitely nothing going on between them. A boy and a girl couldn't even be close friends in this school without someone making up a story.

Athena supposed the hype about this article would die down after a while but momentarily it wasn't helping his situation at all.

Students were already looking for creative ways to belittle Harry and laugh at him. She'd seen enough of this in her lessons, usually in the form of those disgustingly bright badges that no one seemed to be doing anything about.

All Harry was trying to do was keep his head down and stay out of the way. He wanted no part in this tournament and Athena was sure that the idea of him being centre of attention was killing him slowly. It was a shame that when the smallest shadow of danger was around, he always seemed to be dragged into it.