(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟒) mcgonagall

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"TELL ME AGAIN WHAT HAPPENED?"

"I was telling her about the dream with the veil and she freaked out. I didn't realise she was going to pass out I thought she was just scared or something. She just seemed to think someone was going to fall through the archway and... then she told me to come and get you, next thing I know she collapsed and I panicked"

"Thanks Theo...that helps a lot"

"I swear I didn't realise she was going to—"

"Don't worry about it, Remus is just stressed"

"What's going on?"

Athena blinked a few times, waking from a slumber she'd been unaware she was experiencing. Everything around her felt groggy, there was a light pain in her head and her vision was blurred, only able to make out blotches of colour like watercolour paint around her.

"You're awake" Remus sighed, she felt someone take her hand "Rena we were worried"

"Worried?" Athena frowned, rubbing her eyes in an attempt to wake them up properly, "how long was I out"

"It's only been ten minutes or so" came the voice of Sirius, "we were more concerned that you passed out in the first place, you hit your head on the floor but you should be fine"

"Archway" Athena mumbled, pushing herself up in the bed, "archway... did Theo tell you about the archway"

"Yeah he did" Remus replied, "look Rena, obviously you've got yourself wound up about this dream"

"It's not just a dream" Athena groaned, "it's a vision, a prediction of what's going to happen. I saw it too, remember I told you. I saw the archway in the crystal ball"

"Yes I know that but there's no point stressing yourself out about it—"

"Someone's going to die!" Athena exclaimed, almost toppling out of the bed as she sat up straight. Remus stopped her from falling just as the clarity came back into her vision.

"You don't know that" Remus murmured.

"Theo felt it!" Athena called out, "tell them Theo, you told me you felt a sense of loss when looking at the archway"

Theo looked to Remus anxiously as he stood by the door, obviously unsure about what he should say. His eyes shifted nervously to Sirius for help but Remus stepped in before Sirius could say anything.

"The archway is a harbour of spirits, it's supposed to form a connection with the other world if such things exist. Many call it the death artefact and others say it's the closest anyone's come to understanding death. It makes perfect sense that when Theo looked at the archway he felt a sense of loss"