(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟐) enquiries

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE FOLLOWING DAY AFTER Sirius' attack, security around the school got a lot tighter. It seemed that everyone was terrified of how easily Black had broken into the school twice. Athena hadn't been there for the search of the school but she already knew they hadn't found him, how could they have? He was perfectly safe in the shrieking shack.

Professor Flitwick could be seen teaching the front doors to recognize a large picture of Sirius Black; Filch was suddenly bustling up and down the corridors, boarding up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes. Sir Cadogan had been fired. His portrait had been taken back to its lonely landing on the seventh floor, and the Fat Lady was back.

She had been expertly restored, but was still extremely nervous, and had agreed to return to her job only on condition that she was given extra protection. A bunch of surly security trolls had been hired to guard her. They paced the corridor in a menacing group, talking in grunts and comparing the size of their clubs.

Athena was one of the only people in the school who wasn't scared by Sirius' disappearing and entering acts. Of course she knew exactly how he was doing it and a large part of her suspected that Dumbledore knew this.

Dumbledore would have probably already come to the conclusion himself. Athena wondered if he knew that Athena was helping him. Since the man knew of Sirius' innocence it wouldn't paint her out to be as much of a villain as it would in others eyes however Sirius wasn't exactly acting innocent at the current time.

Breaking into Gryffindor tower with a knife just sealed his madness in many peoples perceptions. Athena probably would have been the same if she didn't know the truth about what he was actually trying to achieve.

Although the year was coming to an end in the next couple of months, Athena was still fearful that Sirius would try something stupid yet again. She had hoped that Theodore would reign some control into him but it seemed the boy didn't have much power over his companion.

The events of the previous night had also left Neville in total disgrace. Professor McGonagall was so furious with him she had banned him from all future Hogsmeade visits, given him a detention, and forbidden anyone to give him the password into the tower.

Poor Neville was forced to wait outside the common room every night for somebody to let him in, while the security trolls leered unpleasantly at him. Athena was furious at the treatment of Neville and tried to negotiate with McGonagall how cruel this was.

Neville obviously didn't intend of anything like this to happen, Athena believed it was clearly Sir Cadogan's fault for setting so many passwords and for letting Sirius into the common room in the first place.

Athena had been unsuccessful in swaying Neville a different punishment. His fate was sealed in McGonagall's eyes and she supposed Neville would just have to keep his head down and stay out of trouble. This wouldn't be very hard for him, Neville may be clumsy at times but he wasn't troublesome.