(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) the other schools

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

SEPTEMBER BLED INTO OCTOBER and soon even the weather in London wasn't as pleasant. Autumn days took over however Athena wasn't complaining, this was her favourite season after all. The colours of the trees, burnt oranges and ochre. She found it completely mesmerising, even the rolls of fog collecting over the hills at dawn.

By the beginning of the new month, all that anyone could talk about was the arrival of the other schools. Athena herself was excited. She'd never actually met the head teachers of the other schools. She'd known people who had gone there such as her cousins who had attended Durmstrang however other than that her knowledge was limited.

The schools themselves were extremely secretive especially Durmstrang. That school didn't even have an exact location known to anyone who didn't attend the school.

Athena hadn't heard much about Beauxbatons however she knew of its elegance. The people there were often very well mannered and good with conversation.

By the end of the first week, the day had arrived. The teachers were busy stressing about everything they possible could stress about. They wanted to make sure that the school was in perfect condition for the arrival. Dumbledore wanted to present his school as a prized location to match the title of it being one of the best wizarding schools to ever exist.

Athena was sure that the other students would never prefer Hogwarts over their own schools. She wouldn't have. Hogwarts was a second home to her and no matter how prestigious the European schools were, in her eyes there was no competition (except maybe for the headmaster)

The students and teachers were waiting outside in anticipation. The sky was dark and Athena had her cloak wrapped right around her because of the cold. She wasn't sure how they were arriving but based on Dumbledore's knowing smile she supposed it was going to be good.

This wasn't a surprise, schools always loved showing off against each other to prove that they were the best. Athena supposed that the other schools probably were more impressive than Hogwarts however it didn't necessarily make them better.

"Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!" Dumbledore called out.

Athena's head snapped back up in attention. Her eyes peeled the surrounding sky however she couldn't see a thing. It was the dark clouds covering the indigo sky that did it, she wasn't sure how anyone could be expected to see the schools arrive.

"Where?" said many students eagerly, all looking in different directions.

"There!" yelled a sixth year, pointing over the forest.

Something large, much larger than a broomstick - or, indeed, a hundred broomsticks - was hurtling across the deep blue sky toward the castle, growing larger all the time.