(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟐) the figure in the rain

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS GLAD TO SEE Harry walk into her office the next day. She wanted to explain her reaction, she wanted to make sure that he was alright. It seemed the majority of the school were now painting him out to be the heir of Slytherin which was of course completely ridiculous.

He could barely walk down a corridor without someone yelling something to him. Peeves particularly liked making up songs to sing loudly whenever he saw Harry including 'Potter you rotter'.

Fred and George had taken to walking down corridors with him and yelling 'make way, heir of Slytherin coming through'. When Harry walked into Athena's office he seemed completely exhausted which she couldn't be surprised about.

"Hi Harry" Athena smiled comfortingly. The boy returned this smile as he sat in front of her, "about yesterday—"

"I didn't realise what I was doing" Harry interrupted, "I didn't realise that I was speaking parseltongue... I thought I was speaking normally"

Athena nodded slowly as he explained what had happened. It seemed everyone had been shocked towards the events of the previous day. The gift of parseltongue was incredibly rare. Athena had never even heard anyone speak it before.

The skill was related to someone being evil, many dark wizards had known the ability and had used it towards their achievement. Athena was sure that Voldemort had probably been one of them, explains why he always carried around that snake with him wherever he went.

"I'm not Slytherins heir" Harry continued, "you believe that don't you?"

"Of course I do" Athena sighed, "I know that you'd never do anything to hurt anyone on purpose"

"I told the snake to leave him alone" Harry explained, "I didn't want him to attack Justin... I know people said that's what it looked like but I swear that I would never—"

"It's ok Harry" Athena cut him off, "I knew there must have been some sort of misunderstanding"

"Ron and Hermione explained what parseltongue was, they said that... Salazar Slytherin was one of them"

"Yeah he was" Athena nodded, "that's why the emblem of Slytherin is a snake"

"They say that people are going to think that I'm Slytherin's descendent"

"Who cares what people think?" Athena asked with a small smile, "this will all die down"

"What if they're right?" Harry asked, "what if I am Slytherin's descendant"

"It's very unlikely" Athena frowned, "Salazar lived many centuries ago so it's impossible to tell but... even if you are it doesn't mean anything"

"It means that I shouldn't be in Gryffindor" Harry pointed out,

"No it doesn't" Athena shook her head, "you are most definitely a Gryffindor Harry, sometimes I think you're too brave for your own good"