(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟏) into hiding

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"ATHENA WHAT IS GOING ON?" Remus asked, nearing anger and exasperation as he turned to her in the kitchen of twelve Grimmauld Place and stared at her in a mix of worry and fear.

"I'm so sorry" Athena sighed, running her hands over her face and allowing the anxiety of everything fade away as she realised they'd made it. The ministry couldn't reach them at the safe house that they didn't know existed. For now everything was fine.

"Sorry about what?" Remus asked again, clearer this time.

The door behind them crashed open and Sirius came striding into the room dressed in a white bathrobe with what looked like a face mask over his skin.

Sirius stopped still as a statue staring at Remus and Athena. The couple did the same, blinking at one another unable to know what to say.

"I'm going to come back in five minutes and we're going to pretend this never happened" Sirius said slowly as he backed out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Athena wanted to laugh but she could feel Remus' hands shaking slightly under hers. Of course he had every right to be scared. Athena had shown up and ripped him away from his home with her own fear powering adrenaline to get them as far away from that house as possible.

"That didn't happen" Remus frowned at the door, "yet I'm never going to forget seeing that"

"Remus, the ministry are trying to have me arrested" Athena stated calmly.

"They what?" Remus shouted in shock.

"I thought Umbridge was trying to get me fired ever since Dumbledore left but... she cornered me today with Fudge, some auror's and everyone in Hogwarts and told me that I was being sent to Azkaban"

"Why the hell... they can't arrest you just because they don't like you"

"Fudge seems to think he's been deceived all along, that I've always been an accomplice to Sirius, that I helped him escape and that I am just as bad and as wanted as the proclaimed 'mass murderer'"

Remus didn't say anything at first. He looked to the ceiling in what appeared to be anger, letting this new information wash over him as though trying to figure out everything in a matter of seconds. This was impossible, Athena knew because she'd been trying to figure out everything for the past twenty minutes and still nothing was making sense.

"So we're on the run" Remus concluded, "because our minister for magic is a deluded psycho, well I am very optimistic about the state of this county and it's leadership"

"Right what did I miss?" Asked Sirius, striding into the room now dressed appropriately for guests with only a small line of green mask still present on his face. He'd obviously washed it off as quickly as he could, red marks now appearing on his cheeks.