(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) alina peters

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HARRY HAD BECOME THE YOUNGEST SEEKER in a century and Athena couldn't be more proud of him. She knew he had been like James but she hadn't realised that he might just be the best quidditch player that Gryffindor would ever see. After all, that dive had been very impressive.

Athena reminded when Lily had first fallen pregnant, James had said that his child would be the best player that Hogwarts had ever seen (after himself of course). However Athena thought that Harry might even be better, after all James hadn't been on the team in his first year.

Neville had recovered from his flying incident. Athena had gone to the hospital wing to find him after she'd let Harry go back to his lesson. He'd been upset of course and worried that he'd completely embarrassed himself but after Athena had shared her own embarrassing stories from her first flying lesson, he'd been ok again.

The new excitement at breakfast the next week was the parcel that arrived for Harry. Everyone had seen the owl carrying the broom into the hall, eyes had followed it until it dropped in front of Harry.

He opened it in excitement and Athena saw the Nimbus 2000 shining in the morning light. She wasn't much of a quidditch fan but she knew this was a good broom. It was a lot better than anything she had seen when she had been at school, she supposed that brooms had progressed since then.

As soon as Harry gazed at it, Athena saw Malfoy jump up from his seat at the Slytherin table as he paced over to the Gryffindor's. Athena rolled her eyes to no one in particular as she was sitting on her own this morning.

Malfoy made his way over to Harry and Athena was about to get up and intervene yet again when she saw McGonagall pacing towards the table.

"Professor, Harry has a broomstick!" Draco said in a smarmy manner,

"Yes I see that, Nimbus 2000 is it Potter? I hope it suits your talents well"

Athena wished she could have taken a photo of the look on Draco's face which had been absolutely hysterical. He stayed around the table a moment later obviously looking for some retort to say to Harry but whatever he said can't have been very impressive as it caused Ron to burst into laughter.

Athena's second week had been very similar to her first. Yet again nothing was happening and she was beginning to hope that September would hurry up. She preferred the autumn months to any others mainly because of the orange trees and morning fog. Athena was more of an autumn person.

She'd called Ben on the Friday yet again from the muggle telephone. He was still waiting to hear back from the publishing company and Athena found herself without much to say. Her most exciting news that week was about Harry becoming a quidditch player but she couldn't exactly tell him that and pretending that Harry had shown skills at football just wasn't as exciting.