(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) fireworks

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"RORY!" Athena shouted, pushing the office door open in haste and letting it hit off the wall behind it. Aurora jumped where she sat, her eyes had been fluttering as her cheek rested on her hand. As soon as Athena entered the room dramatically, she was alert with eyes of fear.

"What's happened?" Aurora asked.

"It's Dumbledore" Athena breathed heavily, not realising she was short of breath. She'd wasted no time getting here, striding along the corridors as fast as her long legs would take her.

"What about him?" Aurora continued impatiently as Athena tried to catch her breath.

"Gone" Athena stated simply, "it's complicated—"

"How did this happen?" Aurora cut her sister off, obviously wanting to know the entire story.

Athena explained about Harry's defence against the dark arts group, how he had come to her and she'd recommended the room of requirement. She continued to how they held their first meeting in the near empty pub, The Hog's Head, which had made it too easy for others to overhear.

"It was going fine, she didn't know but then... one of the members from the group (Marietta Edgecomb) got scared about being apart of it, probably because of her mother's position in the ministry, so she told Umbridge about it... well she began to and then... there was some kind of curse set up for anyone going behind the groups back and she got left with an abundance of horrible spots spelling out sneak"

"I don't understand how this links to Dumbledore?" Aurora frowned.

"I'm getting there" said Athena quickly, "I was going up to his office to explain why I'd lashed out at Umbridge... I wanted to get his advice on how I should handle it so Umbridge couldn't fire me. Not that any of this matters now" she added in a disgruntled voice.

"When I got there the office was full, Harry was there with Patrick Larson and Eleanor Lupin (they'd been caught leaving the meeting) and Marietta was there crying next to Umbridge. Kingsley was there with Dawlish, Percy Weasley, McGonagall and Fudge... Dumbledore was there too of course"

"They got the minister here over an illegal student group!" Aurora exclaimed in outrage.

"I know" Athena nodded in hasty agreement, "turns out Marietta hadn't been able to say much but she'd told Umbridge about the room of requirement which is how they caught Harry, Patrick and Elle. Luckily Kingsley managed to place the imperious curse on Marietta to prevent her from saying there'd been meetings for sixth months, instead it looked like there'd only been one and that's the one they'd caught but then—"