(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) the fox

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE FOX WAS STARING RIGHT AT HER, Athena felt that she had not been so sure of anything in her entire life. Her worries about Carol, Moody and the conversation she had just overheard were erased as she caught sight of the animal.

"Kenny?" She asked lightly, feeling suddenly stupid to be talking to a fox. What if she was wrong? Maybe the glasses of champagne she had just drank had taken a toll on her.

The fox turned and ran in the other direction. For a moment Athena was rooted to the spot and then she made a very irrational decision, she chased after it.

Part of her felt completely stupid, maybe like Alice in the story of wonderland chasing after the white rabbit. Of course then, the rabbit had talked. This fox had done nothing at all yet some part of Athena's mind was telling her that this wasn't just as fox.

She watched as the animal ducked and darted out of the shadows with stealth that Athena (in her heels) did not have.

"Wait" she yelled hopelessly. Maybe this was a random animal, maybe she was terrifying it. If Athena was a fox she certainly wouldn't like to be chased by a random woman through the night.

The fox had the advantage of four legs and eyes that were well adjusted to the nights darkness and for a moment Athena simply cursed this as there was no way she could keep up.

It was then she realised how stupid she was being. Athena questioned whether her Ravenclaw characteristics had faded over the years as she slowed slightly, allowing herself to transform into her own animagus shape. She should have thought of this before.

Athena (now as the white wolf) could easily keep up with the much smaller animal. She tried to judge from this new perspective whether her original guess had been correct or completely wrong.

Animagus forms were supposed to be realistic and it wasn't always easy to tell whether the animal was in fact a witch in disguise or just an animal. In every form there was a marking that resembled a human form for those willing to become an animagus. Unfortunately, Athena had never had time to figure out what Kennedy's was.

Now this just seemed like an average fox however it was staring at Athena with a certain ferocity which she had seen in the eyes of her friend many times.

She chased the fox straight out of the castle grounds and towards Hogsmede. They were running side by side now and Athena had no idea how she was going to get the fox to stop. Her plan of chasing the animal hadn't been foolproof as she hadn't even considered what she was going to do once she'd caught up to it.

They dashed over the cobbled grounds, it felt good to be running on four legs again. It was a weird change and certainly not one she'd expected to enjoy however there was a sense of freedom with it that couldn't be experienced through average running.