(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) moody

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA KNOCKED LIGHTLY ON the office door. Part of her still felt bitter that it was not Remus sat on the other side. She was sure that her year would be a lot better if he was teaching alongside her.

She'd only been back for three days however the school didn't feel the same as it usually did. Maybe it was purely because Athena had found happiness elsewhere however she'd never felt so stuck in a job before wondering whether her purpose here was still as strong.

She wouldn't leave of course, Athena loved the students too much. She always wanted to be there for Neville and Harry, making sure that they were ok. Athena leaving Hogwarts would mark some dark change in the wizarding world, she was already aware of that.

"Come in" the gruff voice spoke from the other side of the door. Athena obliged, pushing in to see Alastor Moody sat behind his desk. He did look different from when she had known him. His demeanour was similar, the gruff tone and the harsh glare however his face was more scarred and the electric blue eye was rather off putting.

"Ah, Athena" the man stated simply.

"Nice to see you again Alastor" Athena replied politely, "I wasn't aware you were taking up the position this year"

"Dumbledore asked me to" Moody responded, "keeping an eye on the tournament too or have you forgotten who the headmaster of Durmstrang is?"

"Karkaroff?" Athena frowned, "I thought he was let go"

"Oh he was but Dumbledore doesn't trust him" Moody snapped, "I sent him down myself! I was there"

"Yes I know that" Athena muttered, "still working at the auror office then?"

"Where else would I be?" Moody retorted, "that place would crumble without me there"

"I'm sure it would" Athena forced a smile, "who's standing in for you?"

"Kingsley" Moody said shortly, "of course I'm only here this year, not that any defence against the dark arts teacher stays longer"

"No they always seem to only manage the year" Athena nodded slowly, "I didn't have you down for a teacher"

"Not my first choice but I'm here for Dumbledore" said Moody, "he told me to keep an eye on Karkaroff but I think there's a couple more I'll keep my eye on"

"Snape?" Athena asked slightly too quickly.

"Severus doesn't have it in him to go back to the dark Lord but I assure you I won't let that cloud my judgment"

"He's a terrible man, death eater or not though I'm not sure who else you'd be looking out for"

"Do you know who's coming down here to help with the tournament?" Moody barked.