(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟐) a snake in the dark

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT WHEN ATHENA GOT the news. Athena had been spending the night with Remus. The week has ended early, or at least for her it had because she couldn't stand being in the same castle with Umbridge with one more second.

Therefore she'd decided to go home just so she could force Remus to listen to her problems.

When the patronus of a cat had landed on the bed in a silvery glow, Athena has been asleep, her head rested against Remus' chest. His slow breathing had sent her to sleep. For the first time in two weeks, Athena hadn't had to struggle with frustration before she drifted off into the other world.

However this was all ruined as the voice of Minerva McGonagall echoed against the bedroom walls. Athena shot up so fast she felt as though she could have gotten whiplash. Remus let out a startled groan, looking up through bleary eyes.

"Arthur Weasley has been attacked on duty, sent to St Mungo's. The Weasley's, Potter and Lupin have been sent to Grimmauld place, thought you better be informed"

Athena and Remus sat in silence for a moment, deep breaths were all that could be heard. The silvery light disappeared, leaving them in darkness as the reality of what had happened sunk in.

"I need to go to Grimmauld place" Athena decided immediately, pulling herself out of bed.

"That's a good idea" Remus nodded, following after her.

"Oh my god" she said suddenly, wiping her hands over her face, "he's been attacked, what if he doesn't make it?"

"Don't say that" Remus murmured as he placed a kiss on top of his head.

"Are you coming with?" She asked, pulling a hoodie over her head.

"Best not" Remus smiled, "don't want to overcrowd them, make sure Elle's ok though"

"Of course I will" Athena sighed, "I'll be back as soon as I can... and I'll send any information straight away"

"It'll be ok Rena" he told her gently. Athena sent one last hopeful smile to him before she turned on her heel and apparated to Grimmauld place.

She arrived with a pop in the kitchen of Grimmauld place kitchen. The first thing she heard was the shattering of china onto the floor. Turning, she saw Theodore standing looking at his smashed mug of tea on the floor.

"I wasn't expecting you" Theodore muttered, "a word of warning would be nice"

"Sorry Theo" Athena sighed, "have they arrived yet?"