(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) life sentence

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"I THOUGHT YOU'D BE HERE" Athena stated as she walked into the kitchen of Grimmauld place. Remus was sat with a mug of tea in hand and looked up in surprise to see her there.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you" he replied with a simple smile.

"Oh it's fine" Athena shrugged, turning her attention to the other figure in the room. Sirius had turned his back when she walked in and was now reading the newspaper in intent. Athena knew he was only pretending to be interested. He hated the Dailey prophet.

"Hi Sirius" Athena muttered bitterly, "have you seen Theodore, I was going to ask him when he wanted to start occlumency"

"He's upstairs" Sirius replied shortly, "attic... with Buckbeak"

"Right thanks" Athena looked to Remus in exasperation before she turned and walked out of the room. Grimmauld place was a lot bigger than it looked on the outside. There were charms all over it concealing it's manor like form. It may have decayed over the years but it was clear it came from fortune.

She approached the first staircase and started to climb when she heard a loud crack. Athena nearly jumped out of her skin as she turned and saw two identical redheads standing at the bottom of the stairs she was now halfway up.

"Trying to give someone a heart attack?" She asked. The twins jumped and looked around to see Athena standing giving her most teacher like glare.

"Sorry Professor" Fred grinned wickedly, "just getting something to eat"

"You don't have to call me professor here" Athena scoffed, "you do know you have working legs?"

"Overrated" George replied, "hey, do you know when Elle is getting here?"

"You'd be better off asking Remus, he's in the kitchen"

"Great, will do" George beamed as he and Fred hurried off towards the downstairs room. Athena laughed to herself before she continued her journey up the stairs. There were many rooms, each with the sound of voices coming behind. She heard Ginny arguing with Ron, Molly talking to herself while cleaning and Bill singing some music lightly to himself.

The only Weasley who wasn't currently staying here or visiting here often was Percy. Athena wasn't entirely sure what the situation with the third Weasley child was but she knew it wasn't good. There had been arguments between him and Arthur, she knew that much. On top of that he seemed to have sided with the ministry in thinking Dumbledore and Harry to be crazy. Athena wasn't completely surprised but it didn't mean she wasn't disappointed.

Percy had always been slightly different from his family but it didn't change that he was a good person, even now as he made the wrong decisions Athena was sure everything would work out.

It felt like climbing a mountain before she made it to the top of the house. The attic was hidden away above what used to be an ornate staircase. However over time it had withered and broken and looked more like a skeleton than anything else.