(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟐) james' legacy

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

STAYING AT GRIMMAULD PLACE was surprisingly good. Athena realised it wasn't the nicest place in the world but she supposed it was the company that mattered. All her worries had vanished temporarily the first morning when she'd seen Sirius with a bright green face looking as though someone had told him the world was ending, needless to say he wasn't happy but everyone else thought it hysterical.

The dark halls and creaky floorboards soon became a familiar and almost comforting sight and it was good to remind herself that her and Remus were safe here, that's all that mattered after all.

More than anything, it was good to see Sirius happy again. He was acting as though he wasn't wanted for murder and having to stay locked in his family home. He would cook breakfast at ridiculous times in the morning, move around the house singing and cleaning while reminiscing on stories that the marauders had shared at school.

Athena could tell that Remus was enjoying himself too. Now he was back to having three companions on the full moon. At first he was unsure about letting Sirius and Theodore accompany him in their animagus forms however after a good point made from Sirius about how he'd done that for three years back at school, it became clear there was no getting out of it.

The order still dropped by on occasions. Aurora arrived as soon as she possibly could, hugging Athena for ten minutes straight and telling her how sorry she was for letting that happen. Of course none of this was Aurora's fault however Athena knew how much she cared about protecting her sister.

Umbridge hadn't done much else to wreck the school. The main piece of news that Aurora arrived with was the information that Athena was being treated like a hero. Everyone was talking about her exit from the caste and re-enacting how she'd beaten the minister for magic, Umbridge and two ministry auror's. Athena couldn't deny that she was proud of herself.

Another perk of being able to stay at Grimmauld place meant that Athena could give occlumency lessons to Theodore a lot more regularly. She was happy to say that he was making brilliant progress considering how difficult learning this skill was. She was impressed he'd managed to pick it up so quickly and wondered whether any of this was credited to the way she was teaching it.

There was no news on where Dumbledore was or what he was doing which seemed to be driving the order mad. After all, he was the leading force within the movement. Moody had taken over for the time being but without Dumbledore, there wasn't much they could do. Usually plans had to be passed through him so now they were simply sticking to what they had been doing before. Not that this was doing them much good.

Grimmauld place did become boring after the first few days. There was nothing to do and for once Athena wished that she could have some work to mark or something to fill her spare hours. Sirius seemed to not get bored, he was used to having nothing to do and filled his time with reading, cleaning and beating everyone in chess games. It seemed his time in this house had spurred him into excellence regarding wizarding chess and now even Remus couldn't beat him.