(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) the lupin's

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA'S MEMORY HAD BETRAYED HER. Nothing she read, spoke or wrote could recall whatever genius idea had hit her in the state of exhaustion. She decided it probably wasn't that good anyway. How good of an idea could it have been if she'd come up with it seconds before falling asleep?

She'd taken another week off work (Aurora didn't seem to mind) and had spent most of the time bouncing ideas off Remus as they sat in the living room. Now she slept at appropriate times and ate when she was supposed to. She felt a lot more organised which she had hoped would motivate ideas actually worth something. Unfortunately she was wrong to come to this conclusion. So far they had come up with nothing.

Things weren't the same with Remus. Athena had hoped they would go back to normal now they had stopped arguing but it seemed the words that they had said to each other were unforgettable, lingering in their air over every conversation they had.

Athena didn't want to focus on it right now but she couldn't help but think that nothing was going to go back to the way it was without them talking about things. However they both understood that there was a larger importance placed on saving Harry.

She'd given up looking to the horcruxes for an answer. It seemed everything they gave her was giving more reasons why Harry would have to die which was not helping anyone. Athena needed a new perspective, something out of the box which would allow her to save Harry. Unfortunately she couldn't think of anything at all.

Remus was trying to help but since he hadn't been there for the first week he was simply coming up with answers that Athena had already discarded. She didn't mean to be short with him she was just simply stressed about what was going on.

The last thing she wanted to happen was for her to stop believing there was a way they would help Harry but with every passing hour, that possibility became more and more clear. Athena's eyes were blurred with black lines of words in a book every time she looked up from its pages. She was never fully awake or hungry as though all her needs had taken a backseat.

Remus tried to be as thorough as her. Athena knew that he really cared but his mind didn't work the same as hers. For some reason he was being the more rational one and by the sixth day of their second week it seemed that all hope might be lost for him. Of course he kept up the act of helping Athena so she wouldn't break again but she could see through it. She knew the signs of defeat and soon she stared to feel it too.

Athena would never give up on Harry. Nothing in the world would stop her from believing there was another way. She knew there was something even if it came in the darkest form of magic there was. Athena would find a way. She hadn't managed when Lily and James were in danger but she was closer now, she could feel it. Harry's fate wasn't set in stone which meant it could still be changed and if anyone was going to find a way to change it, Athena was that person.