(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) under the tower

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WASN'T SURE HOW IT HAD ALL HAPPENED. She'd been patrolling the corridors at night, unable to sleep with her mind concentrating on Harry, the war and the fact that he was a horcrux.

It was then that scattering footsteps came running around the corner. Ron, Ginny and Neville almost collided with her looking scared and panicked.

"What's going on?" Athena asked quickly, "why are you out of bed?"

"Death eaters, in the castle!" Neville yelled.

"It's Draco!" Ron continued, "he let them in through the room of requirement, Harry's been trying to tell us all year but we didn't listen"

"Slow down" Athena muttered her heart beating. She waved her wand and a large silver wolf appeared in front of her.

"Go to the order, tell them to come to the castle, that they're here"

The wolf nodded its majestic silver head before it split into multiple forms and dived off in many directions. To Minerva in the castle, Aurora in their office, Remus at their home, Tonks at the front gates and to whoever was at Grimmauld place.

"You three need to get into the dorms, all students need to stay out of the way"

"No we're helping!" Ginny exclaimed, "Hermione and Luna have gone to slow down Snape. I don't know why but Harry told them to"

"They won't be able to" Athena shook her head. By now Snape would have realised that it was time. "Where's Harry?" Athena asked.

"You don't know?" Ron frowned, "Dumbledore took him out of the castle"

"What?" Athena gasped angrily, "when? Why?"

"They're hunting horcruxes and Dumbledore found one" Ron said rapidly, "he left hours ago, didn't tell us what was going on. He just said that the school was in danger and that we should take some felix potion and contact the old Dumbledore's army but only Neville and Luna responded. Then he told us to watch the room of requirement but when Draco came out he used instant darkness power and we couldn't stop him"

"That's a good thing" said Athena, "you're putting yourselves in danger, now where did the death eaters go"

"Towards the astronomy tower"

Athena nodded, her head was thrown into the action. Her mind on the fight but her only goal was protecting the students and maintaining the castle. In this moment she knew it was the night. Dumbledore was going to die and she had to make sure that Snape did it. Dumbledore had brought her into this for a reason and although she hated it, she had a job to do.