(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟏) the end of first year

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

WHEN ATHENA MADE IT into the great hall for the end of year feast, she was greeted with an abundance of emerald decorations. Slytherin had soared ahead and were now in the lead for points by quite a way. She cast her view towards the point display and saw that there were a pitiful amount of rubies in comparison to the other jewels.

Turning her attention towards the teachers table, she spotted Snape looking very smug at the turn of events which made her even more annoyed. She took her seat between Snape and Aurora and didn't say a word to either of them as her sister was already animatedly taking to Professor McGonagall.

The students were piling in and Athena was hoping that Madame Pomfrey was going to let Harry attend the feast. He seemed to be making a good recovery however the matron hadn't wanted to take any chances. Therefore she wasn't surprised to see Hermione and Ron also looking hopefully at the doors.

By the time everyone was seated, Athena began to presume that he wasn't going to make it however a second later all of the talking in the hall died out and heads turned. Whispers started and Athena looked up to see Harry looking small and anxious walking into the hall.

She smiled in relief as he found his seat between Ron and Hermione. The whispers were still evident, everyone knew that something had happened, it had spread across the school like wildfire. For once Athena was glad to hear Dumbledore talk because it took the attention off Harry.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were... you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts...."

"Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy- two."

A storm of cheering and stamping broke out from the Slytherin table. Athena was agitated to her a snide remark from Snape beside her. She took to ignoring him. Cheers broke out from the Slytherin table and the other houses clapped politely.

"Yes, Yes, well done, Slytherin," said Dumbledore. "However, recent events must be taken into account."

The room went very still. The Slytherins' smiles faded a little. Athena had a feeling she already knew what was going to happen. Although she didn't enjoy seeing a Slytherin victory mainly because of Snape, she didn't think it fair to snatch this prize from under their noses. They were only children after all.

"Ahem," said Dumbledore to distract from the chatter that had broken out "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes..."

Everyone in the hall was holding their breaths. Snape was muttering something that no one could hear and she suspected that he too knew what was happening.