(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟏) mysterious happenings

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"ATHENA THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT" Sirius shook his head, "both Barty Crouch and Tessa Halliday are dead, they died in Azkaban"

"I know, that's what I thought too but there's something bigger going on here"

"Bigger?" Kennedy frowned, "you're saying they faked their deaths? It doesn't make sense, how did you even think of them in the first place?"

"Harry saw Barty Crouch on the map in Snape's supply closet and Snape is missing the ingredients for Polyjuice potion because he blamed Harry for that. At first it didn't make sense because Crouch is supposed to be sick, can't even come to the tournament but I knew the map wouldn't lie"

"You think the name on the map meant Barty Crouch Jr and not Sr?" Theodore asked.

"Exactly" Athena nodded, "after Harry told Moody about this he took the map from him, claimed it must be wrong. If he knows this map shows his true identity he had to take it off Harry before he could figure anything out"

"What about Tessa?" Kennedy asked.

"Harry had a dream at the end of summer, sent me a letter about it—"

"Yeah I got that too" Sirius nodded, "it's one of the main reasons we came out of hiding abroad, I was worried about him, needed to be closer in case anything happened"

Athena decided to not tell Sirius that this behaviour was careless. He seemed to think that he had to be the one looking out for Harry when in reality she was right there. Nonetheless, she realised that there were bigger issues at hand here.

"He dreamt of an old house, Voldemort was there and so was Peter. Around Voldemort were two other supporters a man and a woman"

"You think Harry's dream is a reality?" Sirius asked, "that his mind is somehow connected to Voldemort's?"

"I've thought that for a while" Athena nodded, "and if we're taking this dream to be an event that actually happened, the people there were Barty Crouch and Tessa Halliday"

"Yes but how do you know that?" Kennedy asked in an impatient tone.

"Harry said that the woman in the dream claimed she was responsible for inducting Peter into the death eaters and that he should be grateful for that. Tessa was the one who approached Peter, the one who persuaded him to join... not that he needed much persuasion the coward"

"Did the description match?" Theodore asked.

"Perfectly, I don't know why I didn't consider her before—"

"Maybe because she's dead" Kennedy interrupted, "we haven't gotten over the biggest obstacle here. Barty and Tessa are dead, they died in Azkaban... Barty years ago... Tessa—"

"Tessa at the end of 1990!" Athena exclaimed, "right before Carol went missing! It fits! It makes sense!"

"I think you're trying to force it to make sense because it means that you solved it, that Harry's one step closer to being safe when in reality this gives us nothing" Kennedy snapped.